Saturday, April 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Thor: God of Thunder #9 - JUST DAMN AWESOME (Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:11 pm

If you've already been reading this book, you already know what I'm about to say:

Issue #9 is one of the single-most awesome issues anyone will ever produce of Thor.

I don't care who has come before or will come after. This issue of Thor is everything any fan of Thor could ever want.

If you aren't reading this book...OMFG WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:26 pm

It's a good book, I like it and am glad we are finally seeing some action.

Hab

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Wait, is this actual awesome or "Age of Ultron" awesome? Can never tell with you.

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Wait, is this actual awesome or "Age of Ultron" awesome? Can never tell with you.

Ha! Actual awesome -- though if haters gonna hate, what can I do? I loved this issue of Thor for everything that it is.

If someone else wants to complain about what they think it isn't, what can I do? :smt102 :wink:

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Issue 8 had three Thors descending into battle with something called a 'God Butcher'. It's hard to see how issue 9 could possibly suck.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:23 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Wait, is this actual awesome or "Age of Ultron" awesome? Can never tell with you.

no, he's right, it's actually awesome. what a great fucking book. 9 issues in and I'm already ready to say Aaron's Thor belongs in the pantheon (pun intended) with Simonson and Lee/Kirby. just a tremendous book so far.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:37 pm

With every swing of his mighty hammer, Thor felt his bones rattle. His fingers crack. His muscles tear.

And yet, he swung again.

And again.

And again.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Thor: God of Thunder is absolutely the total opposite of the Age of Ultron. Thor: God of Thunder is a great comic book. 8)

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Can't wait to check this out if I get the chance.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 pm

chap22 wrote:no, he's right, it's actually awesome. what a great fucking book. 9 issues in and I'm already ready to say Aaron's Thor belongs in the pantheon (pun intended) with Simonson and Lee/Kirby. just a tremendous book so far.

I had a feeling lol I'm only on ish 3, and loving it. It's amazing how Aaron can write the same character in three different voices.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:31 pm

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:34 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!

:smt102

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Spoilers?

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:46 pm

False Prophet wrote:Spoilers?

But there are none here. :smt102

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa