Advertisement

Top Twenty Predictions for Age of Ultron's Shocking Ending

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 356 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 pm

The final issue of Age of Ultron will be in stores next week, and The Outhouse tries to guess how the monumental series will end.

Source: Press Release

Marvel Comics sent us a press release this morning reminding us that Age of Ultron ends next week with Age of Ultron #10. The ending to the comic has been hyped as so controversial that only Marvel Head Honcho Joe Quesada can be trusted to draw it, presumably because all other Marvel artists are cowardly stool pigeons who will crack under interrogation and spill the beans before Marvel gets to spoil it themselves in an article in USA Today. We already know that Angela will appear, since that's been advertised, and we know that Hank Pym will live, since he's starring in Avengers: AI.

So what the heck is the big deal? The Outhouse's top snarky reporters, ThanosCopter, GHERU, and Jude Terror, locked themselves in a room and refused to come out until they had created the perfect list of the top twenty predictions for how the series will end. Five minutes later, they emerged victorious. Here's what they came up with:

#20 - Wally West shows up at the end, accompanied by Stephanie Brown.

#19 - The last ten years of storylines, starting with Avengers Dissembled, are revealed to be a dream of Ultimate Peter Parker, who is still alive.

#18 - Barack Obama shows up to deliver the killing blow against Ultron, all the while delivering a message about responsible spying on the citizenry and drone warfare.

#17 - It's all Scott Summers' fault.

#16 - LeBron James inexplicably shows up and defeats Ultron before reminding readers to tune into Game 6 of the NBA Finals, only on ABC.

#15 - The entire story is revealed to have taken place in the St. Elsewhere snow globe.

#14 - Age of Ultron is revealed to have been masterminded by a cabal formed of Jack Sparrow, Mickey Mouse, Darth Vader, and Twilight Sparkles, setting up the plot for next summer's super-mega-crossover event, Disney Wars.

#13 - The Avengers sit down for some shawarma in a local diner Tony Stark recommended. Various suspicious looking supervillains and killer robots eat at nearby tables as "Don't Stop Believin'" blares on the jukebox. The last panel fades to black with absolutely nothing happening, a theme of the series.

#12 - Age of Ultron #10 explodes when it comes into contact with air after being unwrapped from its polybag. This is actually more satisfying to the reader than reading the comic would have been.

#11 - It's Marvelman/Miracleman! Approximately three people in the world actually give a crap, which makes three more people than give a crap about Angela.

#10 - Morgana Le Fay shows up at the end, thus earning the respect of one fanboy who thinks the book respects continuity and stuff.

#9 - Marvel spends millions of dollars developing new technology allowing them to embed a youtube video onto the final page which shows Joe Quesada rapping the Shaquille O'Neill classic, "Tell Me How My Ass Tastes," directly at the fans.

#8 - Event Comics Anonymous experiences a 400% increase in attendance. Everyone relapses within a month, because comic books.

#7 - After being captured by the heroes, Ultron removes his mask, revealing that he is actually Old Man Jenkins. He would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids. Wolverine stabs the kids.

#6 - Various time-displaced Wolverines from all the time travel shenanigans that occurred in the series begin popping into existence, leading directly into Marvel's next big event, Crisis of Infinite Wolverines, written by a swooning and pining Jason Aaron. Sales on that series are so high it becomes the new Marvel status quo indefinitely.

#5 - Wolverine wakes up in bed with his first wife, Emily Hartley. It turns out the whole thing was just a bad, decompressed dream. He stabs her with his claws, because that's what he does best, bub.

#4 - Outhouse writer Frankenstein: Former Agent of S.H.A.D.E. finally makes his debut in the Marvel Universe after smashing through a magical continuity wall with one punch.

#3 - It is revealed that Ultron is actually Wolverine's child from that one time he got drunk and had sex with a copy machine. Wolverine then stabs him to death. The rest of the Avengers are all like, "that's our Wolverine! Always stabbing his children!" Everyone laughs heartily and the panel ends in a freeze frame like a bad eighties sitcom episode. If you use the Marvel AR app on that panel, it plays the theme song to Full House.

#2 - Wolverine and Susan Richards are tried and convicted of murder, attempted murder, and general fuckery, and are held accountable for their acti... bwahahahahaha okay that one is just ridiculous.

#1 - The entire miniseries is revealed to be an elaborate advertisement for Gillette Ultron Shaving Blades, which promises a shave so close, you'd think you're experiencing a post-apocalyptic world.

Age of Ultron, by "The Great One" Brian BendisBryan Hitch, Carlos Pacheco, Brandon Peterson, Alex Maleev, Butch Guice, David Marquez, Joe Quesada, and a partridge and a pear tree will be in stores next week.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 482 posts

Re: Top Twenty Predictions for Age of Ultron's Shocking Endi

Postby GHERU » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:49 pm

This was fun

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1027 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm rooting for #'s 20, 14 & 10.
-

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 pm

although, keb's prediction that Angela is jean grey re-born makes me nervous
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 429 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:18 pm

I said that? :shock:

Brian Burchette
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 260 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Top Twenty Predictions for Age of Ultron's Shocking Ending

Postby Brian Burchette » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I will buy comics again when Jean is reborn.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Keb wrote:I said that? :shock:

post10198815.html#p10198815
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1450 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: RE: Top Twenty Predictions for Age of Ultron's Shocking

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:36 pm

FBtron wrote:I will buy comics again when Jean is reborn.

Then you better get ready, I am pretty sure that Bendis intends to bring her back as a result of his current All-New X-Men series. His Avengers run was all about which long-time Avenger he could kill next, so it's only fitting that his X-Men run is the complete opposite.
ImageImageImage

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 638 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:06 pm

LOLtron wrote:#19 - The last ten years of storylines, starting with Avengers Dissembled, are revealed to be a dream

It's like this one written just for me - :smt023

(although "revealed to be a nightmare" might more appropriate) :-D

Levi Caverly
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 260 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Top Twenty Predictions for Age of Ultron's Shocking Ending

Postby Levi Caverly » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 pm

I would love for #3, #9 and #12 to happen. The Miracleman reveal would force Newsarama to shut down a good chunk of their Top 10 lists "features".

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 211 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Amoebas wrote:It's like this one written just for me - :smt023

(although "revealed to be a nightmare" might more appropriate) :-D

(Someone quote so this will pierce Amoebas' anti- Juan Cena ignore dome.

How'd that work out with the Legion, Amorphous Boy?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 229 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:30 pm

this was amazing. good work jude.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1143 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:02 am

dairydead wrote:this was amazing. good work jude.

And RU and ThanosCopter. :)
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 229 posts

Postby dairydead » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:57 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
And RU and ThanosCopter. :)

:oops: missed that. Great work all around though.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1143 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:14 am

Thanks. :-D
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

Next