Advertisement

Thor: God of Thunder #9 - JUST DAMN AWESOME (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Thor: God of Thunder #9 - JUST DAMN AWESOME (Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 pm

False Prophet wrote:
No, I'm asking for some. :D

Oh. :lol:

Thor is a badass.

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:51 pm

MistaT wrote:
:smt102

The only reasonable answer to reading this comic.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:07 am

The three Thors fight Gorr and they should have brought more Thors

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:19 am

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. This comic was crazy awesome and I don’t even really know how to describe it. Basically, it’s a massive fight between all three Thors and Gorr and it is hardcore and heavy metal as fuck. There were so many great moments in this issue, so many brilliant over-the-top descriptions from Jason Aaron, this was just epic, and for once, that word is not being mis-used.

I think the descriptions are what makes this series, they are so pitch-perfect for the scale of story that Aaron is telling, and they make everything, every punch, every hammer blow, feel like the most explosive thing in the world. Stuff like ‘the sky exploded with lightning and gore’, it’s just amazing. Of course, the dialogue is also fantastic, and of a similar tone. I think it’s amazing how well Aaron has managed to make each version of Thor feel different at the same time as still being the same person, that must have been a very difficult tightrope to walk, but he’s managed it.

Esad Ribic’s artwork is also a massive part of why this book works, I’ve said before that his painted style is Frazetta-esque, and that is perfect for the epic, hard-hitting fantasy story that he and Aaron are telling. This art looks like an awesome metal concept album cover, and that is the highest of possible praise. So yeah, this issue rocked out with it’s hammer out, and whilst there wasn’t that much plot, just FIGHTING, it was amazing. And then there’s the ending, where… the Thors lose, Gorr is victorious and the God-Bomb is primed… Aaron and Ribic upped the ante with this issue, the next one should be even better.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:47 am

This comic has been one of my favorites every month, and I've never cared much for Thor. The whole arc started to drag a little after four or five issues, but glad to see them finally get to the big battle. Man has it been epic so far, some great moments in the fight and still with more to come. Also love Ribic's art on this, he should be chained to the desk and forced to draw something like Thor or Conan forever.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:02 pm

I knew I should have picked up Thor.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Punchy wrote:HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I fixed your review for maximum efficiency. That's really all you need to talk about this book.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand