Advertisement

Superman Unchained #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Superman Unchained #1

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

Now where the heck did you come up with that idea? I just said I'd like to see a story once in a while that develops from Clark actually doing out and covering a story for the Planet or his blog or whatever. Which, by the way used to happen.

And it may happen, be patient.

Heck, the only reason Clark knew to look for this mysterious other Superman in this issue was because of Lois fact-checking his blog for him.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Punchy wrote:
And it may happen, be patient.

Heck, the only reason Clark knew to look for this mysterious other Superman in this issue was because of Lois fact-checking his blog for him.

That's still not quite like the old days.

Maybe we will see Clark actually going out and do some non-Supes reporting that turns into a job for Superman. But judging from what has gone on lately, I'm not holding my breath.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

Now where the heck did you come up with that idea? I just said I'd like to see a story once in a while that develops from Clark actually doing out and covering a story for the Planet or his blog or whatever. Which, by the way used to happen.

I'm going to regret this.

How often did that happen? And no generalities. Can you come up with a specific number in comparison to say a run? Because then you can mathematically point out whether not it's happening just as often now. It's a legit question, so try to answer it legitimately.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:24 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
I'm going to regret this.

How often did that happen? And no generalities. Can you come up with a specific number in comparison to say a run? Because then you can mathematically point out whether not it's happening just as often now. It's a legit question, so try to answer it legitimately.

The ones that I can think of off the top of my head are....

Superman #1 Perry White sends Clark Kent to cover a war in South America.

Worlds Finest #255 - Clark Kent honks Morgan Edge off, and get punished by having to cover a corn festival somewhere in the Midwest. While he's there, he discovers there was a Batman-like legend in the area.

Action Comics #592 Clark Kent is doing a story a free clinic in Metropolis, here he discovers it's full of elderly people with impossibly extended life spans. He discovers the patients have traces of radiation in their bodies, and goes off as Superman to go find the source. This was the first part of the Sleeze story, and we all know how that ended.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:31 pm

And oh yeah...Superman v.2 #180: Clark and Lois are sent to interview an Eastern European count, who turns out to be Dracula.

- Sons of the Desert

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
And it's not like gold melts, or anything. If it did, then he would have gold, not doubloons. That'd make it easier...

:lol:

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Nacireman, you've just described four issues. Each of those four issues were for books that went for well over a hundred issues. You see me point?

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:38 pm

"Wild Week-End in Washington", Superman #268, 1973

While covering a Washington reception, Clark and his date Barbara Gordon, uncover a spy plot.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 765 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Apparently Nac has never heard of an establishment that offers "Cash for Gold." Then again, who really wants their Superman to be the type of character who would regularly do business at an establishment like this:

:smt102
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Grayson wrote:Apparently Nac has never heard of an establishment that offers "Cash for Gold." Then again, who really wants their Superman to be the type of character who would regularly do business at an establishment like this:

:smt102

Yes, I've heard from them. I always assumed they were more for things like jewelry or silverware and small and stuff like that. Not like gold bars or investment-quality gold pieces. Even then, I would expect that the more reputable dealers would want to see things like chain of custody to make sure it's they're not dealing with stolen goods.

- Sons of the Desert

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Yes, I've heard from them. I always assumed they were more for things like jewelry or silverware and small and stuff like that. Not like gold bars or investment-quality gold pieces. Even then, I would expect that the more reputable dealers would want to see things like chain of custody to make sure it's they're not dealing with stolen goods.

What exactly is it about the above picture that makes you think of the word reputable? :smt102 :P
ImageImageImage

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:03 pm

I trust anyone who also buys silver.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:06 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I trust anyone who also buys silver.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A business that uses bars in their windows is clearly a business that values the safety of their customers.
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Grayson wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A business that uses bars in their windows is clearly a business that values the safety of their customers.

Admit it: You brought this subject back up to make Blue's head explode, didn't you?

- Sons of the Desert

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:11 pm

I'm sure they'll also do your tex returns while you wait for your lotto tickets.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand