Advertisement

"Marvel Mondays" Sale On ComiXology Features Villain-centric stories Actually Worth Reading.

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 161 posts

"Marvel Mondays" Sale On ComiXology Features Villain-centric stories Actually Worth Reading.

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:46 am

ComiXology's weekly "Marvel Mondays" $0.99 sale features titles bound to be better than anything DC comes up with for "Forever Evil."

Source: ComiXology

Marvel hasn’t quite made an official move to counter DC’s “Forever Evil” month. Still, today’s “Marvel Mondays” $0.99” sale on Comixology does about the same thing by actually providing books comics fans might want to read. Which is more than DC is doing with “Forever Evil.”

The most notable comics on sale today are Amazing Spider-Man #334-#339, which featured “The Return of the Sinister Six” story. Also on sale.  Dark Avengers #175-#183, Super-Villian Team-Up #1-5 (the M.O.D.O.K’s 11 storyline), Thunderbolts #169-#174, Vengance #1-6, and Villains for Hire #1-4.

Sadly the sale doesn’t include some great Marvel Villain-centric stories like Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1, which introduced the original Sinister Six, or the legendary Masters of Evil siege of the Avengers Mansion from Avengers  #273-277 (the pinnacle of the Roger Stern-John Buscema era on the title). Also not on sale is Thunderbolts #1-6, which is the beginning of Kurt Busiek legendary run on that title.  You can still pick those up for $1.99, which still isn’t too bad of a deal. Especially when you consider the $3.99 you’re going to have to shill out for the average “Forever Evil” book.

Written or Contributed by Juan Cena

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 131 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Re: "Marvel Mondays" Sale On ComiXology Features Villain-cen

Postby chap22 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:31 am

UGH, Vengeance is fucking awful. Sweet art by Dragotta, but good God is that book a total turd. DO NOT BUY.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 1 post
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:05 pm

chap22 wrote:UGH, Vengeance is fucking awful. Sweet art by Dragotta, but good God is that book a total turd. DO NOT BUY.

Yeah. I know this received a lot of praise, and I like Joe Casey and Dragotta, so I checked it out during the spree of free #1's on Comixology. It was pretty bad. Glad to hear that from you too, chap!

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 1 post
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm having trouble keeping myself from buying the Sinister Six stuff. Is it any good?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand