Advertisement

Review Group Week 159: RUNAWAYS #7

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27312
Likes: 404 posts
Liked in: 226 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Online


Postby thefourthman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:10 pm

amlah6 wrote::lol:

I can though. Be right back!
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16324
Likes: 282 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:42 pm

I miss BKV and Alphona. And that made no sense at all. 1
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:45 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I miss BKV and Alphona. And that made no sense at all. 1

Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:48 pm

thefourthman wrote:I can though. Be right back!


Now the Nuramods are stalking people here and editing their posts! :x :x :x :P

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27312
Likes: 404 posts
Liked in: 226 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Online


Postby thefourthman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:52 pm

amlah6 wrote:Now the Nuramods are stalking people here and editing their posts! :x :x :x :P

yup! rogue mod rogue mod.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

48THRiLLS
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 3223
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Stumptown
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool


Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Heh... I haven't read a Superman book in a while.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34501
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 95 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:28 pm

I've got a thought here, is it really fair that reviews of a really short length count for the same as a long one?

I just wrote nearly 600 words, and Yoni just did 1 line, am I just putting in too much effort, or should those of us who write a lot get something more, as an incentive for more in-depth thought.

Not a slight on Yoni, his 1-sentence reviews can be funny at times, but I spent 20 minutes or so on my review.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16324
Likes: 282 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Punchy wrote:I've got a thought here, is it really fair that reviews of a really short length count for the same as a long one?

I just wrote nearly 600 words, and Yoni just did 1 line, am I just putting in too much effort, or should those of us who write a lot get something more, as an incentive for more in-depth thought.

Not a slight on Yoni, his 1-sentence reviews can be funny at times, but I spent 20 minutes or so on my review.


I spent 20 minutes reading that book, And all it could illicit was a one sentence. I am really interested in the superman book. If it's good I might even add superman to my monthly's.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:50 pm

Punchy wrote:I've got a thought here, is it really fair that reviews of a really short length count for the same as a long one?

I just wrote nearly 600 words, and Yoni just did 1 line, am I just putting in too much effort, or should those of us who write a lot get something more, as an incentive for more in-depth thought.

Not a slight on Yoni, his 1-sentence reviews can be funny at times, but I spent 20 minutes or so on my review.


We've been doing this for 3 years and this just now bothers you? :?

:P :wink:

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16324
Likes: 282 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:31 am

amlah6 wrote:We've been doing this for 3 years and this just now bothers you? :?

:P :wink:

new home, same old boring punch.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34501
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 95 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:16 am

amlah6 wrote:We've been doing this for 3 years and this just now bothers you? :?

:P :wink:


It's still a good point though.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:29 pm

Punchy wrote:It's still a good point though.


It's a point, sure.

How many times have we mocked Yoni for reviews where you can't really tell whether he read the book or not? I would think not getting mocked in that fashion would be the "incentive/reward/whatever" for writing a more in-depth review. :wink:

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34501
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 95 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:33 pm

amlah6 wrote:It's a point, sure.

How many times have we mocked Yoni for reviews where you can't really tell whether he read the book or not? I would think not getting mocked in that fashion would be the "incentive/reward/whatever" for writing a more in-depth review. :wink:


But money would be better!

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Punchy wrote:But money would be better!


[youtube=425,344,SMwZsFKIXa8][/youtube]

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27312
Likes: 404 posts
Liked in: 226 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Online


Postby thefourthman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:17 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I spent 20 minutes reading that book, And all it could illicit was a one sentence. I am really interested in the superman book. If it's good I might even add superman to my monthly's.

it took you twenty minutes to read that book? was a monkey holding it while swinging in a tree while you drove a car at 150 miles an hour while a clown poked you in the back of the head?
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 93 guests

Advertisement