Advertisement

The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #20 Revealed

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23409
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:54 pm


The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #20 Revealed

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:16 pm

The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #20 Revealed

Ryan Stegman, the Superior Spider-Man artist has posted the the cover to Scarlet Spider #20 and it features Kaine fighting.. BEN REILLY?!




When the Scarlet Spider series started, there was a promise made by Marvel Editor Steve Wacker that, if the book succeeded, Clone Saga star Ben Reilly would return in it's pages. A month ago, series writer Christopher Yost teased in an interview with Newsarama that Ben Reilly would be returning in Scarlet Spider #20.


Just an hour ago, Superior Spider-Man artist Ryan Stegman posted this on his Deviantart account:

 

Prepare yourselves, web-heads. With Spider-Man 2099 aka Miguel O'Hara returning in Superior Spider-Man #17, it looks like we're truly heading toward Reign of the Spider-Men.

 



Written or Contributed by Zechs


READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
Image

Advertisement

Zechs
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 43097
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby Zechs » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:19 pm

I love it, but also this story makes me really really sad. Dammit. Dragavon would have loved seeing all these Spider-Men. :|
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7933
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby Draco x » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:23 pm

If Ben Reilly does return I would love to see how they explain how he came back from the dead.

e_galston
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 18970
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Frederick, MD
Formerly: Sitebreaker


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby e_galston » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Zechs wrote:I love it, but also this story makes me really really sad. Dammit. Dragavon would have loved seeing all these Spider-Men. :|


was thinking the same thing, especially if Ben does in fact return...
Image

Zechs
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 43097
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby Zechs » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:17 pm

e_galston wrote:
was thinking the same thing, especially if Ben does in fact return...


Oh it's a fact. Ben appears at the end of the Superior Spider-Man "team-up" issues involving the pair vs. the Jackal. So close he was seeing it happen.
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7933
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby Draco x » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Zechs wrote:
Oh it's a fact. Ben appears at the end of the Superior Spider-Man "team-up" issues involving the pair vs. the Jackal. So close he was seeing it happen.


Again I wonder how Ben actually returns though: I wonder if maybe the Jackal brought him back to life after Osborn killed him at the end of Revelations or there is some other explanation that is to be revealed.

Zechs
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 43097
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby Zechs » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:03 pm

draco x wrote:
Again I wonder how Ben actually returns though: I wonder if maybe the Jackal brought him back to life after Osborn killed him at the end of Revelations or there is some other explanation that is to be revealed.


Given it's the Jackal it could be a hundred different ways or even Spidercide. Yes, Yost would go there.
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7933
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby Draco x » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Zechs wrote:
Given it's the Jackal it could be a hundred different ways or even Spidercide. Yes, Yost would go there.


So Yost will give us another clone from the 90s no one liked as another Scarlet Spider? Oh god no! If this is the return of Ben I want it to be the real one and not another knockoff in a suit.

Don Smith
User avatar
FACEBOOKTron
 
Posts: 1645
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:48 pm
Location: IN THE MACHINE
Title: DOCILE ROBOT


RE: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #20 Revealed

Postby Don Smith » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 pm

It will be Ben from another earth because of the multiverse exploding. Next will be Superior Spiderman fighting Uncle Ben in a reality where Ben got bite by the spider.

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7933
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: RE: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spid

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:59 pm

FBtron wrote:It will be Ben from another earth because of the multiverse exploding. Next will be Superior Spiderman fighting Uncle Ben in a reality where Ben got bite by the spider.


Or better yet, an alternate reality of Gwen who was bitten by a spider will show up as well to contribute to the clusterfuck.

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18235
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Zechs wrote:
Oh it's a fact. Ben appears at the end of the Superior Spider-Man "team-up" issues involving the pair vs. the Jackal. So close he was seeing it happen.



did that come out this week or something?

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18235
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: RE: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spid

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 pm

FBtron wrote:It will be Ben from another earth because of the multiverse exploding. Next will be Superior Spiderman fighting Uncle Ben in a reality where Ben got bite by the spider.


draco x wrote:
Or better yet, an alternate reality of Gwen who was bitten by a spider will show up as well to contribute to the clusterfuck.


I'd pay to see those :lol:

PhoenixEquinox
User avatar
Peanut
 
Posts: 188
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 pm
Location: Hazlet, New Jersey
Title: Podcaster


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby PhoenixEquinox » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:

did that come out this week or something?


No. It comes out in August. Don't know why Marvel is showing this off now though?

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7933
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:35 pm

PhoenixEquinox wrote:
No. It comes out in August. Don't know why Marvel is showing this off now though?


I am pretty sure someone leaked this.

PhoenixEquinox
User avatar
Peanut
 
Posts: 188
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 pm
Location: Hazlet, New Jersey
Title: Podcaster


Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby PhoenixEquinox » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:37 pm

draco x wrote:
I am pretty sure someone leaked this.


Marvel really needs to call a plumber to fix these leaks they've been having. :)

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A.R.P., FaceBook [Linkcheck], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 90 guests

Advertisement