Advertisement

DC Reveals Reason They Canceled Legion: Justice League 3000

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 899 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Re: Justice League 3000

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 am

bkthomson wrote:Flash does not look very aerodynamic.
I thought the same thing, plus the pose is so static.
-

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1090 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Justice League 3000

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 am

Punchy wrote:They should have just brought back JLA One Million

This. Justice Legion A could be pretty interesting with a 52verses twist. Or not. :smt102

The latest venture lacked any sort of real vision other than to be as politically correct as possible and THAT is TOTAL FAILURE.

They really should just hire me to write it (Legion) and some thugs to work over Chap22. He can be such a hater. :P
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Re: DC Reveals Reason They Canceled Legion: Justice League 3

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 am

Juan Cena wrote:
He started out in Hollywood. So yes, he's a Hollywood spank.

"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 am

nietoperz wrote:
This, of course, goes entirely without saying. In the end, there is absolutely nothing that DC could do with the Legion-era that would make certain people happy, and this particular bit of news was always going to make him lose what little of the plot he ever had.

Me, I reckon it's probably wisest to reserve judgement until the book comes out, or at least until we get more details about it. Engaging certain people in debate is just the way to a migraine.

They could've actually make me happy by making a Legion book that didn't suck.

Trust me, I would have loved to have been proven wrong and the "classic" Revival to have been a success. Instead, it was an uninspiring, half-hearted book that never got off the ground.

I was actually hopeful Levitz was pulling the book back into fighting condition when Flashpoint happened, and kicked all the wind out of it.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:18 am

Juan Cena wrote:
He started out in Hollywood. So yes, he's a Hollywood spank.
Sure, he interned under Richard Donner, but after Green Lantern's failure, isn't his name mud in Hollywood?
-

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:18 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:

Trust me, my Dark Side levels are peaking way past eleven right now.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:22 am

Yeah, but the reason he was working for Donner was because he loved Superman, a comics character.

It's not like he was some Hollywood bigshot, he was an intern!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 am

outsider wrote:Sure, he interned under Richard Donner, but after Green Lantern's failure, isn't his name mud in Hollywood?

It takes a lot in Hollywood to seriously do that.

- Sons of the Desert

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:25 am

Punchy wrote:
Yeah, but the reason he was working for Donner was because he loved Superman, a comics character.

It's not like he was some Hollywood bigshot, he was an intern!

He got into comics through his work in the film industry. You can't get around it. He a Hollywood spank.

- Sons of the Desert

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:30 am

Juan Cena wrote:
It takes a lot in Hollywood to seriously do that.
Then look at his IMDB page. IMDB will put up any and all rumors, so if Johns were attached to any Hollywood project, it would be on his page. Only two properties are non-comics-related: Titan Maximum & Robot Chicken (arguably his comic book writing got him that gig), and those are small TV properties.
Juan Cena wrote:

He got into comics through his work in the film industry. You can't get around it. He a Hollywood spank.

Face it, Geoff Johns is a comic book guy. Sure, his writing has gone to shit and he's become a fanwanking hack, but he's a comic book writer with some Hollywood experience, not the other way around.
-

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 am

I've always viewed a "Hollywood spank" as a high-profile writer brought in from Hollywood to write Hollywood projects while remaining primarily involved in other mediums.

I wouldn't consider Johns, whose pre-2005 credits were as an assistant to the director and whose first comics were largely secondary titles and who made his living in comics for over a decade before venturing back into Hollywood as a representative of WB, in that same vein.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 am

outsider wrote:Then look at his IMDB page. IMDB will put up any and all rumors, so if Johns were attached to any Hollywood project, it would be on his page. Only two properties are non-comics-related: Titan Maximum & Robot Chicken (arguably his comic book writing got him that gig), and those are small TV properties.

Face it, Geoff Johns is a comic book guy. Sure, his writing has gone to shit and he's become a fanwanking hack, but he's a comic book writer with some Hollywood experience, not the other way around.

If it was, then he'd be Kevin Smith.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 am

outsider wrote:Then look at his IMDB page. IMDB will put up any and all rumors, so if Johns were attached to any Hollywood project, it would be on his page. Only two properties are non-comics-related: Titan Maximum & Robot Chicken (arguably his comic book writing got him that gig), and those are small TV properties.

He never planned to get into comics, though. It just kind of happened.

- Sons of the Desert

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:39 am

Juan Cena wrote:
He never planned to get into comics, though. It just kind of happened.

You can say the same thing about a lot of comic book writers, including many of the better ones. Doesn't make them any less qualified to write a comic.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 am

BlueStreak wrote:I've always viewed a "Hollywood spank" as a high-profile writer brought in from Hollywood to write Hollywood projects while remaining primarily involved in other mediums.

I wouldn't consider Johns, whose pre-2005 credits were as an assistant to the director and whose first comics were largely secondary titles and who made his living in comics for over a decade before venturing back into Hollywood as a representative of WB, in that same vein.

I always considered a Hollywood Spank as someone who came into comics from Hollywood who always saw comics a more of a side project.

The fact that Johns managed to become an exec at DC says more about his Hollywood career not getting off the ground as much as he probably hoped as it does his desire to put comics over his Hollywood career.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand