Sunday, July 24, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Most Important X-Men Question of All Time

Was Changeling an X-Men when he died in X-Men #42

Yes
75%
No
25%
  Total votes : 12

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:30 pm

This is causing some considerable consternation on another board.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Changeling in the comics? No.
Morph in the cartoon? Yes.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:45 pm

OK, I can't be bothered checking this on Wiki but my recollection is that he was pretending to be Xavier, right? They wrote Xavier out and then they got cold feet and said, 'No, wait, that was someone else disguised as Xavier. And now he's dead.'

Assuming this is broadly correct (it might not be) then I say, yeah. He gave his life for the X-Men. That's gotta count for something. Give the guy a break.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:57 pm

PDH wrote:OK, I can't be bothered checking this on Wiki but my recollection is that he was pretending to be Xavier, right? They wrote Xavier out and then they got cold feet and said, 'No, wait, that was someone else disguised as Xavier. And now he's dead.'

Assuming this is broadly correct (it might not be) then I say, yeah. He gave his life for the X-Men. That's gotta count for something. Give the guy a break.

I'd go with yes with this explanation.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Who?

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:13 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Who?

He was a shapechanger that took Professor X's place for a short time. Died in X-Men #42.

It was revealed in X-Men 65 that Changeling had taken Professor X's place so Professor X could deal with the coming Z'nox threat.

Edit: corrected 66 to 65.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:14 pm

What?

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:17 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:What?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:37 pm

For all you youngsters (and GS :P )

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/uncanny_x-men_65.shtml

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:43 pm

Not a member.

Back then, I wouldn't count Prof X as a member either.

MikeinLA

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby MikeinLA » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Changeling was listed as a member in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe I had, so Marvel considers him one. I'm assuming in continuity the team awarded him with the title of "X-Men" posthumously for his sacrifice.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Retcon X-Man. So yes, he was.

By the way, I've always thought the real most important X-Men question of all time was - Does Charles Xavier shave still? You know, is he truly completely bald or does he get tufts here and there on his noggin?

That and is Rahne Sinclair really Xavier and Moira love child?

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Chesscub wrote:

He was a shapechanger that took Professor X's place for a short time. Died in X-Men #42.

Gunned down by fashion police obviously

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:32 pm

PDH wrote:OK, I can't be bothered checking this on Wiki but my recollection is that he was pretending to be Xavier, right? They wrote Xavier out and then they got cold feet and said, 'No, wait, that was someone else disguised as Xavier. And now he's dead.'

If you do check wikipedia, he's not only considered an X-Man but "the first X-Man to die in action".

(Not that wikipedia is the real authority, just 'cause you brought it up.)

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
If you do check wikipedia, he's not only considered an X-Man but "the first X-Man to die in action".

(Not that wikipedia is the real authority, just 'cause you brought it up.)

After the original Thunderbird, right?

leave a comment with facebook