Saturday, August 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Age of Ultron #10 (Now with poorly written Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:07 am

If that's what her tears do, I'd hate to be around if Angela farts.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 am

superfictious wrote:If that's what her tears do, I'd hate to be around if Angela farts.

Queefcore bands emerge out of her VJ, fully formed and with a recording contract.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:11 am

Evan Meadow wrote:Now people are saying that
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Miles may be the Spider-Man in the Mighty Avengers book.

The Minority Avengers

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:14 am

the ultimate galactus storyline sucked, this is a good chance to fix that.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 am

Simpsons did it. This is pretty much Realm of Kings with the Marvel cosmic books.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:54 pm

I do want to say. Wow that was amazingly stupid. That's "Joker's Last Laugh" levels of stupid.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:26 pm

I'll be interested in reading this at some point. From the reports I've heard, it doesn't sound like a very exciting story. Lots of time spent showing how Ultron messed up the world (mostly in the form of heroes saying, "Wow, Ultron really messed up the world."), something something time travel, something something hacking Ultron, and now look at our next big event!

It sounds like Blackest Night - Marvel Edition.

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Punchy wrote:This makes sense.

All-New X-Men
Thor: God Of Thunder
Captain Marvel
Superior Spider-Man
Indestructible Hulk
Fantastic Four
Uncanny Avengers
X-Men: Battle Of The Atom

All of these titles feature, or are about to feature time-travel elements in their story. As long as this doesn't end up in a New 52 situation for continuity, then it could be very interesting.

Punch, have you lost your damn mind?

/AoUSucksNoMatterWhatYouThink

/SarcasmFontNeeded

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:17 pm

MrBlack wrote:It sounds like Blackest Night - Marvel Edition.

If it helps as a reference point then Blackest Night is infinitely > Age of Ultron.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:22 pm

MrBlack wrote:I'll be interested in reading this at some point. From the reports I've heard, it doesn't sound like a very exciting story. Lots of time spent showing how Ultron messed up the world (mostly in the form of heroes saying, "Wow, Ultron really messed up the world."), something something time travel, something something hacking Ultron, and now look at our next big event!

It sounds like Blackest Night - Marvel Edition.

its more like Final Crisis (reality punch + the event might "explain" what was going on in other books)
meets Flashpoint (in that a 'hero' tries to change the past and fucks it all up)
meets House Of M (altered reality)

if you are looking for any kind of originality in this story, pass it up
if you are looking for any semblance of effort from those involved, pass it up

If, on the other hand, you want a $40 commercial for upcoming books without the inconvenience of a plot, likable characters, or the need to read above a 1st grade level, then House of Final Flashpoints is for you!

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:33 pm

GHERU wrote:its more like Final Crisis (reality punch + the event might "explain" what was going on in other books)
meets Flashpoint (in that a 'hero' tries to change the past and fucks it all up)

If, on the other hand, you want a $40 commercial for upcoming books without the inconvenience of a plot, likable characters, or the need to read above a 1st grade level, then House of Final Flashpoints is for you!

Final Crisis didn't have a reality punch. It did have Superman saving reality by blowing a magic horn.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:41 pm

GHERU wrote:its more like Final Crisis (reality punch + the event might "explain" what was going on in other books)

I'm thinking of it more as a story whose sole purpose is to set up another story. Final Crisis and House of M are both stories that I can go back and actually enjoy independent of their event status (haven't read Flashpoint). Blackest Night just isn't a good story; the purpose of the event was just to bring a few characters back and move the Guardians into position for Johns' upcoming storyline. The same seems to be true for Age of Ultron.

Much the same could be said of Secret Invasion, but I actually enjoy reading that as a collected edition.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Log-Man wrote:So what exactly was so secret that Quesada had to draw it? :smt102

This all sounds pretty underwhelming, although it could be setting up some interesting ideas. Will there be any consequences for Wolverine now that he's stabbed time? Is Galactus gone from the 616 universe now, and is that a good thing? Are they killing the Ultimate line? Is Angela going after Wolverine now? Will they bang first? Does anyone give a crap about Angela? Bored minds wanna know!

It was entirely underwhelming.

I don't think this is the type of character that belongs in the 616.

Hab

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Chesscub wrote:I do want to say. Wow that was amazingly stupid. That's "Joker's Last Laugh" levels of stupid.

what is this "Last Laugh" of which you speak? i'm quite sure that never happened, and frankly, it sounds made-up.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:48 pm

chap22 wrote:what is this "Last Laugh" of which you speak? i'm quite sure that never happened, and frankly, it sounds made-up.

:lol:

leave a comment with facebook