Advertisement

Titan Comics to Collect Claremont's Marada the She-Wolf

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Titan will release a deluxe hardcover edition of Chris Claremont and Jon Bolton's fantasy classic.

Source: Press Release

Here at The Outhouse, we live to make fun of comics, but when this reporter hears the name Chris Claremont, I turn into a gushing fanboy, swooning like Jason Aaron in a room full of hairy Canadian midgets. That's why I was quite excited to see this press release from Titan Comics advertising a new hardcover collection with restored artwork of Marada the She-Wolf by the legendary Claremont and artist John Bolton, who I'm going to assume without any research at all is heartthrob singer Michael Bolton's brother, because that's just how I roll, homies. Check out the trailer and press release below:

FROM X-MEN WRITER CHRIS CLAREMONT AND AWARD-WINNING ARTIST JOHN BOLTON COMES MARADA THE-SHE WOLF!

The fantasy classic collected together for the first time ever! Featuring beautiful, fully-restored art, in depth features, history and never-before-seen sketches and artwork!

Titan Comics is pleased to announce the launch of Marada The-She Wolf by Chris Claremont (The Uncanny X-Men; Excalibur; Captain Britain; Fantastic Four; Gen 13,Sovereign 7) and John Bolton (Man-Bat; Shame: Pursuit; Books of Magic).

Hitting stores on November 12, 2013, comes the shield-shattering saga of Marada the She-Wolf – white-haired, blood-soaked swordswoman and mercenary, object of unearthly desire and descendant of Julius Caesar!

Chris Claremont is one of the best-known writers currently working in comics. His work includes The Uncanny X-MenCaptain BritainFantastic Four and Gen13. During his 17 years as X-Men writer, Claremont co-created characters such as Rogue, Psylocke, Mystique, Emma Frost, Sabretooth, Gambit and many more! 

Claremont has written many classic X-Men stories, including those which are providing source material for this summer’s The Wolverine movie, starring Hugh Jackman, and summer 2014’s hotly-anticipated X-Men: Days of Future Past, directed by Bryan Singer and starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult.

John Bolton is an award-winning comic artist and illustrator. He has collaborated with some of the industries most prestigious comic writers, such as Neil Gaiman on The Books of Magic for DC Comics, Mike Carey on God Save The Queen for Vertigo DC Comics and Clive Barker on Hellraiser.

From the world of film Bolton has worked with Robert Zemeckis, Sam Raimi and Jonathan Glazer.

Descended of Caesar, and preceded by her legendary reputation as a warrior,Marada The-She Wolf follows Marada's adventures across the Roman Empire. Together with her magical accomplice, Princess Arianrhod, they battle evil demons, wizards, witches and unearthly terror! Check out the teaser trailer here

Collected together for the first time ever in one deluxe hardcover and featuring beautiful restored artwork by John Bolton and never-before-seen sketches and artwork! This is the ultimate vision of the ultimate fighting fantasy female! 

“I look through these pages and I’m reminded, most eloquently, just how gifted John Bolton is as an artist, how breathtakingly skilled he is at evoking character and event, how powerfully and also subtly he can present a scene,” says writer, Chris Claremont.

Marada The-She Wolf hits stores on November 12, 2013. The collection will also be available to read day and date on the iPad, iPhone, Web, Android and Kindle Fire, exclusively through the comiXology app and comiXology.com.

Retailers can order Marada The-She Wolf from the July edition of Diamond PREVIEWS (order code: JUL131283).

To keep up-to-date with news from Titan Comics, visit titan-comics.com or join us on Facebook or follow @comicstitan on Twitter.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 706 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Titan Comics to Collect Claremont's Marada the She-Wolf

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Artwork good.
The rest.... crap.
But the artwork is good.

:-D

True story, back in the 80s, I had a friend who was also into comics. We argued all the time about comics. He was always wrong. He went on and on on how great the Marada GN was going to be all because it was Chris "X-Men" Claremont was writing it. I said it was suck and pointed out that the best X-Men stories strangely always had John Byrne working on them. Friday came, then the day that new comics came out... the weekend passed and I asked him how it was. He was not happy. :twisted:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 311 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Claremont and tentacles. It's like peanut butter and jelly.

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 279 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Never heard of the character until now.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:43 pm

draco x wrote:Never heard of the character until now.

Silver Sonja.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:45 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Claremont and tentacles. It's like peanut butter and jelly.

Claremont = Image

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Silver Sonja.

Yeah that's who she reminded me of coincidentally. :-D :-D :-D

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:08 pm

draco x wrote:
Yeah that's who she reminded me of coincidentally. :-D :-D :-D

That's what struck me about the character. It was basically a whiny silver haired Red Sonja. With nudity.

Bolton's artwork was terrific... but honestly looks better in black and white. His Kull stuff was cool.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
That's what struck me about the character. It was basically a whiny silver haired Red Sonja. With nudity.

Bolton's artwork was terrific... but honestly looks better in black and white. His Kull stuff was cool.

Speaking of which, are they ever going to release that Red Sonja movie or is that going to stay in development hell for eternity?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:23 pm

draco x wrote:
Speaking of which, are they ever going to release that Red Sonja movie or is that going to stay in development hell for eternity?

Development hell for eternity.

Sadly, they had a hottie for Red Sonja. One that really would have rocked the scanty bikini.

But if it lead to another Solomon Kane crapfest... be thankful.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970452/

MikeinLA
Flying Mongoose

Liked in: 39 posts

Postby MikeinLA » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:36 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Claremont and tentacles. It's like peanut butter and jelly.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Development hell for eternity.

Sadly, they had a hottie for Red Sonja. One that really would have rocked the scanty bikini.

But if it lead to another Solomon Kane crapfest... be thankful.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970452/

Was thinking about this movie when I saw the trailer for Solomon Kane: Were these two characters separated at birth?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:06 am

draco x wrote:
Was thinking about this movie when I saw the trailer for Solomon Kane: Were these two characters separated at birth?

I thought the opposite when I saw Van Hellsing.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I thought the opposite when I saw Van Hellsing.

So is Solomon Kane worst than Van Helsing box office wise so far?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm

draco x wrote:
So is Solomon Kane worst than Van Helsing box office wise so far?

Van Helsing did not go direct to DVD as Solomon Kane did.

Sadly any Robert E Howard stuff does not translate well to the big screen. But then he tended to invoke the reader's imagination rather well.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand