Advertisement

I...I don't even....

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1206 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

I...I don't even....

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Tim Seeley has a new challenge this fall. Not only is he diverging from the world of indie comics to write for DC, but he also has to reconcile three different appearances by Killer Croc in the New 52.

Batman and Robin #23.4: Killer Croc, one of DC's "Villains Month" issues, features a script by Tim Seeley with art by Francis Portela. The story details how Killer Croc fits into the battle for criminal control of Gotham City after the disappearance of Batman.

Killer Croc is a unique DC villain right now because he's already been used several times in New 52 — and in a wide variety of ways — in just the almost-two years since the universe rebooted.

First, he was a monstrous threat for Batwoman, turning into Hydra and destroying the building in which she lived.

But then he was also shown in a Red Hood and the Outlaws flashback, helping Roy Harper through his alcoholism.
And then there was a battle with Katana, where he broke her beloved sword.

The appearances were all a bit different, so now Seeley hopes to find a way to mesh all those Killer Crocs into one character in the Villains Month issue.

Does this mean more work at DC for Seeley? It's possible, since Seeley's popular Image Comic Hack/Slash just ended (although he's got a lot of other work lined up on other series).

Newsarama talked to Seeley to gauge his interest in writing for DC, and to find out what his take is on Killer Croc.

Nrama: I know Killer Croc has appeared in the New 52 a few times. He first showed up in Batwoman, right?

Seeley: Yep, exactly. He was in Batwoman, and he broke Katana's sword in half with his jaws, and then he had one weird little cameo in Red Hood where he was Roy's sponsor for an alcohol rehab.

Nrama: Oh yeah, he had him, like, down in the sewers, right?

Seeley: Yeah, exactly. So those were the three things I had to reconcile.

Nrama: Yeah, and those are really different appearances to reconcile.

Seeley: Exactly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wut?

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 345 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: I...I don't even....

Postby Zechs » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Roy was at his lowest point and decided to go into Gotham's sewers and pick a fight with Killer Croc. Croc saw through "death by Croc" and decided to sponsor the lad into AA setting him back to being a hero again. Though Croc promised if Roy ever pull this stunt again he'd eat him.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 559 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Blackman and Williams have already started to sort some of this out in this week's Batwoman #21
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1206 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Zechs wrote:Roy was at his lowest point and decided to go into Gotham's sewers and pick a fight with Killer Croc. Croc saw through "death by Croc" and decided to sponsor the lad into AA setting him back to being a hero again. Though Croc promised if Roy ever pull this stunt again he'd eat him.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 pm

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand