Advertisement

Age of Ultron #10 (Now with poorly written Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 581 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: Age of Ultron #10 (Now with poorly written Spoilers)

Postby Amoebas » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:08 am

Lame. Beyond lame. So glad I didn't waste a cent on this. And I simply loved how they explained how Pym was able to 'forget' everything.

So, the outcome of this is a fractured MU? Sounds like Hypertime to me so that all the continuity gaffes and mischaracterizations of the last 10 years are whimsically explained away. :roll:

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 am

My review of AoU 10 (and series):

ugh

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 486 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:59 am

CBR just posted a review:

Click the link above for the full review. Select quotes are:

"Age of Ultron" has been a wild, dizzying and unpredictable roller coaster ride that has careened across the world, through time, into multiple alternate realities and back. With "Age of Ultron" #10, writer Brian Michael Bendis brings this epic continuity-bending tour to a satisfying and mind-blowing conclusion.

While Bendis wraps up the story admirably, it's the pleasantly-lengthy epilogue where minds in comic shops everywhere will ultimately be blown.
But critical commentary side, Bendis has successfully done what every comic publisher and creator can and should strive for: he has made this story's end plain and simple fun that evokes a kind of child-like wonderment.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:25 am

WOW! I that does not at all read like a punchy job interview sample.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 230 posts
Title: Bitch, I'm fabulous
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:CBR just posted a review:

Click the link above for the full review. Select quotes are:

I'm still waiting to hear what's so mind blowing.

Liam Rodgers
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:29 am

GHERU wrote:its more like Final Crisis (reality punch + the event might "explain" what was going on in other books)
meets Flashpoint (in that a 'hero' tries to change the past and fucks it all up)
meets House Of M (altered reality)

if you are looking for any kind of originality in this story, pass it up
if you are looking for any semblance of effort from those involved, pass it up

If, on the other hand, you want a $40 commercial for upcoming books without the inconvenience of a plot, likable characters, or the need to read above a 1st grade level, then House of Final Flashpoints is for you!

I'd LoL if I wasn't out $40 with a big Sucker sign stamped on my forehead...

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:31 am

That's like a complete 180 from the reviews of it they did until now. Marvel must have finally swallowed instead of spit. :lol:

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:49 am

Lord Ice wrote:That's like a complete 180 from the reviews of it they did until now. Marvel must have finally swallowed instead of spit. :lol:

They gave up the nappy dugout.

Grayson

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 1276 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Wasn't there an interview shortly after the announcement about Angela's big introduction, where the powers that be at Marvel explained that when she was introduced it would feel natural, like she was always a part of the Marvel Universe? Instead, her introduction felt just like the announcement of her introduction; out of nowhere, out of place, and painfully shoehorned into a place she simply doesn't fit.

The rest of the issue was just like the rest of the event, painfully underwhelming. I really hate to keep bringing this up but Bendis wasted so much time at the beginning of this event with so much unnecessary garbage, that he left himself virtually no room at the end to really get in to the parts of the story that should have mattered. It would have been nice to have a better explanation of what Hank Pym did to conveniently forget that 2 Wolverines came back into the past, one to kill him and one to stop the other one from killing him, in order to convince him to slip a line of code into Ultron's programming. I mean, that's just not the type of shit that one quietly forgets over time.

Also, can anybody explain to me why Carol Danvers was back in her Ms. Marvel costume? How about why everybody is ok with the fact that Wolverine literally killed time? I am really interested to see how/if they are going to try and justify that one.
ImageImageImage

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:11 pm

This sounds AWESOME. I've got to find a way to get into Marvel.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 72 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Grayson wrote:Also, can anybody explain to me why Carol Danvers was back in her Ms. Marvel costume? How about why everybody is ok with the fact that Wolverine literally killed time? I am really interested to see how/if they are going to try and justify that one.

She was in her Ms. Marvel costume because that's what she was wearing at the time that battle with Ultron took place, in Avengers 12.1. Time has been broken, though, because that's not how that battle went -- in that battle, Ultron fled.

And they should be OK with the fact that Wolverine killed time, for one huge reason: They've all done it. Bendis wrote a sequence in the issue that clearly stated that they all knew the risks of time travel yet continued to do it with total disregard to that consequence. Just because Wolverine was the last to do it and was the straw that broke the camel's back -- in order to save humanity, mind you -- doesn't make it worse than when supposedly educated men like Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Hank McCoy have done it just for the hell of it.

Though I realize that explaining this stuff is pointless -- every time I answer questions that are clearly addressed in the series, people act like it's the first time they've ever read a comic book.

Krypton doesn't exist. There are no little solar-battery babies named Kal-El who got to rocket through hyperspace before it exploded.

And we're OK with that. But Wolverine using an old Doctor Doom time machine and actually breaking the space-time continuum -- a trope I've heard for at least 30 years?

Well, hell. Can't believe that. Impossible. Couldn't have happened.
Last edited by ElijahSnowFan on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:17 pm

I hope it leads to Marvel's version of a Crisis, something I've wanted to read for years.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Grayson

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 1276 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:24 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:She was in her Ms. Marvel costume because that's what she was wearing at the time that battle with Ultron took place, in Avengers 12.1. Time has been broken, though, because that's not how that battle went -- in that battle, Ultron fled.

Ah, ok. Makes sense now.

And they should be OK with the fact that Wolverine killed time, for one huge reason: They've all done it. Bendis wrote a sequence in the issue that clearly stated that they all knew the risks of time travel yet continued to do it with total disregard to that consequence. Just because Wolverine was the last to do it and was the straw that broke the camel's back -- in order to save humanity, mind you -- doesn't make it worse than when supposedly educated men like Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Hank McCoy have done it just for the hell of it.

Right, I get that but it brings me back to the fact that one man's calculated risk is more acceptable than another man's. Scott Summers put his faith in Hope and the Phoenix during AvX, the Avengers didn't understand it and attempted to sabotage the Phoenix which directly led to the creation of the five hosts of the Phoenix and eventually the death of Professor Charles Xavier. However, in the end, Scott Summers was right. Here we are with another character taking a calculated risk, one that resulted in significantly larger consequences than AvX, and the worst that will happen is a little slap on the wrist if that. One character is now viewed as a fugitive and a villain in the eyes of his peers, while the other will continue to go about his day as a hero. In my opinion, it's unbalanced.
ImageImageImage

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 72 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:24 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I hope it leads to Marvel's version of a Crisis, something I've wanted to read for years.

I think the stuff that was set up will be a lot of fun -- I have never had much interest at all in the Ultimate Universe. Just read a few pieces of stuff, here and there,.

Now, with Galactus getting ready to go to town? I might just pick up "Hunger" just to see how they deal with that shit -- correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Ultimate Universe a little more "de-powered" than the 616? Big G might run amok over there!

Plus, the space-time tears mean ANYTHING could happen. That's really exciting -- could we see Mark Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme again? Why not JMS' version of Nighthawk, who would instantly become the coolest effing character in the 616?

Spider-Man 2099, Doom 2099...just fun stuff to come.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:27 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
I think the stuff that was set up will be a lot of fun -- I have never had much interest at all in the Ultimate Universe. Just read a few pieces of stuff, here and there,.

Now, with Galactus getting ready to go to town? I might just pick up "Hunger" just to see how they deal with that shit -- correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Ultimate Universe a little more "de-powered" than the 616? Big G might run amok over there!

Plus, the space-time tears mean ANYTHING could happen. That's really exciting -- could we see Mark Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme again? Why not JMS' version of Nighthawk, who would instantly become the coolest effing character in the 616?

Spider-Man 2099, Doom 2099...just fun stuff to come.

It's more depowered because most of the characters are dead.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand