Advertisement

Titan Comics to Collect Claremont's Marada the She-Wolf

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8893
Likes: 998 posts
Liked in: 272 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Titan Comics to Collect Claremont's Marada the She-Wolf

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Van Helsing did not go direct to DVD as Solomon Kane did.

Sadly any Robert E Howard stuff does not translate well to the big screen. But then he tended to invoke the reader's imagination rather well.


So that's why I never heard of Solomon Kane movie wise until now. Damn.

As for what you said, sadly only the first 2 Conan movies were well received and King Kull was ok. However the first Red Sonja and Conan remake were panned from what I understand.

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 66799
Likes: 889 posts
Liked in: 671 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Online


Re: Titan Comics to Collect Claremont's Marada the She-Wolf

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:17 pm

draco x wrote:
So that's why I never heard of Solomon Kane movie wise until now. Damn.

As for what you said, sadly only the first 2 Conan movies were well received and King Kull was ok. However the first Red Sonja and Conan remake were panned from what I understand.


The Red Sonja was horrible but the recent Conan was actual not at all bad. It was pretty good and in some ways, closer to the books then the prior films. Hell Jason Momoa looked right and rather like the Barry Windsor Smith Conan instead of the Ahnold SortaJohnBuscema version.
Kull was basically Hercules but called Kull instead.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8893
Likes: 998 posts
Liked in: 272 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Titan Comics to Collect Claremont's Marada the She-Wolf

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:30 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
The Red Sonja was horrible but the recent Conan was actual not at all bad. It was pretty good and in some ways, closer to the books then the prior films. Hell Jason Momoa looked right and rather like the Barry Windsor Smith Conan instead of the Ahnold SortaJohnBuscema version.
Kull was basically Hercules but called Kull instead.


Yeah I saw the new Conan two years ago and liked it as Jason Momoa nailed the role. Too bad his good portrayal didn't stop the film from tanking. The script could have been better but I didn't think it was as horrible as the critics made it out to be.

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 66799
Likes: 889 posts
Liked in: 671 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Online


Re: Titan Comics to Collect Claremont's Marada the She-Wolf

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:17 am

draco x wrote:
Yeah I saw the new Conan two years ago and liked it as Jason Momoa nailed the role. Too bad his good portrayal didn't stop the film from tanking. The script could have been better but I didn't think it was as horrible as the critics made it out to be.


Yeah, I saw it the same way. It was an okay action film and I thought the critics were setting the bar too high. It was a Conan film after all.
I'd like to see more with Jason as Conan and see perhaps, a good pastiche of Robert E Howard stories for the film.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: november02, Supersoldier Washout and 116 guests

Advertisement