Advertisement

Age of Ultron #10 (Now with poorly written Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 615 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Age of Ultron #10 (Now with poorly written Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Keb wrote:I hope this isn't what is causing the incursions in New Avengers.

I've got a bad feeling about this... :-(
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Punchy wrote:
No, he was saying his explanation was kind of bullshitty, that he was dodging the question.

Why would Bendis call his own story bullshit?

Because at the end of the day he knows it's a legit criticism.

Hab

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 57 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Keb wrote:I hope this isn't what is causing the incursions in New Avengers.

Why would it matter? Just because AoU isn't a story that you like doesn't mean that what Hickman's doing in New Avengers isn't good, if the incursions were linked (which they likely aren't.)

But saying the space/time tears would ruin all future storytelling is like saying that "Under the Red Hood" wasn't a good Batman story because of the Superboy-Prime Reality Punch.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Why would it matter? Just because AoU isn't a story that you like doesn't mean that what Hickman's doing in New Avengers isn't good, if the incursions were linked (which they likely aren't.)

But saying the space/time tears would ruin all future storytelling is like saying that "Under the Red Hood" wasn't a good Batman story because of the Superboy-Prime Reality Punch.

Maybe those of us who are reading New Avengers right now would prefer a better explanation for these incursions than "Wolverine stabbed time." What's wrong with that? :smt102
ImageImageImage

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 57 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Grayson wrote:
Maybe those of us who are reading New Avengers right now would prefer a better explanation for these incursions than "Wolverine stabbed time." What's wrong with that? :smt102

Maybe some of us who see the phrase "Wolverine stabbed time" are baffled at how simplistic that is, to the point of wondering if you even understood what you read.

Wolverine killed a person, therefore triggering a Butterfly Effect and rupturing the Space/Time Continuum.

You are OK with multidimensional raiders who don't really exist jumping from world to world, with the Illuminati blowing up other-dimensional Earths, with a non-existent Star Brand being delivered on Earth, and with brand-new characters Ex Nihilo and Abyss sending Mutation Bombs to Earth...but you're struggling with a concept that has actually been theorized about IN REALITY in the Butterfly Effect?

Really? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

What, exactly, do you think Jonathan Hickman's going to tell you about the Builders that is going to make one bit of sense more than anything else you've ever read in a fictional world?

I'm sorry, people: Either it's all fucking stupid/ridiculous, or none of it is.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Maybe some of us who see the phrase "Wolverine stabbed time" are baffled at how simplistic that is, to the point of wondering if you even understood what you read.

Wolverine killed a person, therefore triggering a Butterfly Effect and rupturing the Space/Time Continuum.

You are OK with multidimensional raiders who don't really exist jumping from world to world, with the Illuminati blowing up other-dimensional Earths, with a non-existent Star Brand being delivered on Earth, and with brand-new characters Ex Nihilo and Abyss sending Mutation Bombs to Earth...but you're struggling with a concept that has actually been theorized about IN REALITY in the Butterfly Effect?

Really? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

What, exactly, do you think Jonathan Hickman's going to tell you about the Builders that is going to make one bit of sense more than anything else you've ever read in a fictional world?

I'm sorry, people: Either it's all fucking stupid/ridiculous, or none of it is.

Ok, you talk about how baffled you are by how simplistic my explanation is but then you make a statement like "it's all fucking stupid/ridiculous, or none of it is." Look, you enjoyed Age of Ultron, I get it but I didn't. It wasn't my cup of tea. I can't really talk about the core Avengers title because I stopped reading it after the first arc but I have really enjoyed Hickman's New Avengers run. Having read the first 2 trades and the current singles of Hickman's Manhattan Projects series, I have complete faith that Hickman will be able to write a convincing explanation for the incursions and all that comes with them in his New Avengers title without having to be a slave to a concept that Bendis just introduced. I have faith in Hickman, not in Bendis. It isn't that hard to understand that I like one writer's work over another writer's. So, yes, SERIOUSLY.

Also, I admit, one of the reasons that I have been enjoying New Avengers is because it is a Wolverine-less book. Yes, it would be a little bit of a let down to discover that the story that I have been enjoying so much, was actually brought about because of a decision that was made by Wolverine. I prefer my Wolverine-less books to be without Wolverine. Once again, not something that is hard to understand.

Hey, I am big enough to admit that there was one thing that I absolutely loved about Age of Ultron. I loved the fact that there was one panel of the final issue that featured Richard Rider. I love the fact that Nova Prime has not been forgotten and that we were given a glimmer of hope that he may return soon.
ImageImageImage

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 203 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:42 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Why would it matter? Just because AoU isn't a story that you like doesn't mean that what Hickman's doing in New Avengers isn't good, if the incursions were linked (which they likely aren't.)

It would because I would rather the incursions be explained in New Avengers. I'm all for an inclusive universe where elements bleed from one title to another but I don't think it's right to have a major plot point happen in another title. I'd rather see things like the axe in Thor pop up in Uncanny Avengers. The minute you take the events in a LS and force them into an ongoing story, it actually does drastically affect the reader because the reader has to go and read that LS to fully understand what's going on in the ongoing story.

It's really not like saying Under the Red Hood is a bad Batman story because of the Superboy-Prime Reality Punch.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 127 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm

I read it yesterday and WTF?
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 69 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 pm

So how does Wolverine kill himself?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 540 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:So how does Wolverine kill himself?

Autoerotic asphyxiation accident.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 203 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:So how does Wolverine kill himself?

With kindness.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:55 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Autoerotic asphyxiation accident.

That doesn't make any sense. Neither Wolverine was a redhead, married, or under age.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:57 am

Being that I’m one of the few people on the Internet that likes Age Of Ultron, I was actually pretty let down by this final issue. Maybe it’s because I read the leaked spoilers so I knew what was coming, which puts my dissatisfaction on me, but I didn’t like this much at all. It just felt disjointed, there were too many artists here, and you could really see how this event is basically 2 stories bolted together. Before this issue the Hitch issues and the Pacheco/Peterson issues worked well as two separate halves, but together? It’s just odd.

I suppose Bendis should be applauded for managing to make this work, but it did not make for a satisfying read. And when you already know the big surprises, that only makes it even more unsatisfying.

That being said, the stuff spinning out of this event does have me intrigued. The idea of time being all fucked-up is very interesting, especially when you take into account the time-travel that is already going on in a lot of Marvel’s other books. That two-page spread of all the heroes seeing possible futures and alternate realities was pretty cool, lots of nice nods there, even Heroes Reborn! Galactus being in the Ultimate Universe is also a pretty cool idea, and even though I don’t know shit about Angela, I’m intrigued by her. So yeah, whilst this issue promises exciting stuff in the future, the process of getting there was not so good. It’s like a horrible messy birth that leads to an awesome baby, or some other less offensive metaphor.

I have enjoyed this event, but it’s been a weird one, I wonder how it would have turned out if Hitch could have stayed on? Would we even have had all of this mad Time-Travel stuff?

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 78 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:02 pm

I read the whole series last night and kind of on the fence about the whole thing. I found it to be entertaining and I like the set up for the next big development but I kind of feel cheated because a)AoU could have been six issues and gotten the same point across and b)I'm still fatigued from the last big event.

How do I keep interested when ultimately I know shortly after this new Crisis is averted another game changing event will rear it's ugly head and all this development will become irrelevant to make way for the New?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:10 pm

A funny thought just occurred to me. I have been one of the most outspoken people against this whole Angela stunt but let's say for the sake of argument that Marvel didn't let it slip that she was going to be introduced at the end of this issue. How many people would have actually known who she was? :smt102
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand