Advertisement

Super Forever Evil Draft

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1457 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Super Forever Evil Draft

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Thor-El wrote:I would love to do Grayson's Zombie Apocalypse draft next as I have some brilliant ideas for that one!

:smt026 I'd be down for that if everybody else is, especially since we could start it right around the same time as my birthday.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:18 pm

When Earth's Mightiest Heroes disassembled, it became crystal clear to a select group of individuals what needed to be done. Over the years, as the heroes continued to distract themselves with pointless wars among themselves, invasions, sieges, and time-travelling androids, these individuals met in secret. Together they determined that while the heroes spread themselves thinner and thinner they no longer had Earth's best interests at heart. If the heroes of Earth were no longer interested in saving the world from itself, then the villains of Earth would resolve to save it by any means necessary. Led by Victor Von Doom and Helmut Zemo, this all-new cabal will conquer the planet, subjugate it's heroes, and control it's destiny for all time.

The Legion of Doom

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Doom, Baron Zemo (Helmut), Ra's al Ghul, Black Manta, Doctor Alchemy, Daken, Per Degaton
ImageImageImage

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1154 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:42 pm

What's Grayson's idea again?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:49 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:What's Grayson's idea again?

Grayson wrote:I don't know exactly when we are going to start but I was thinking that our next draft could be a little bit different from what we are typically used to and a little bit more of a challenge. What if we were to do a draft with the idea that we are our own first draft pick because we woke up tomorrow and discovered that we had survived the zombie apocalypse! Basically, the idea behind the draft would be that you are wandering the remains of the world after the initial zombie outbreak and you have to recruit your own team of survivors but you have to follow the rules:

1.) Don't be a (Super)Hero - You can choose from anybody in the world of comics, movies, television, or books with one exception; your goal is to survive the zombie apocalypse. Of course it's easy to survive if you recruit the freaking Justice League but that's no fun. No superheroes! If the character in question has a superpower or can be considered a superhero, they are not a legal pick. In otherwords, you can pick Jimmy Olsen but you can forget about picking Clark Kent!

2.) The Past is the Past and The Future is NOT Now! - The idea is that you literally wake up tomorrow and discover that the world as you know it is over. You can't pick characters from the past or the future unless they would have a present day counterpart. For instance, you could pick Terminator's John Conner but he isn't going to be the savior of mankind yet or you could pick Indiana Jones but he would be, what, over 100 years old?

3.) First Timers Only - If somebody has or is already living through a zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't be fair to pull them out of their own personal hell, just to stick them in another. Sorry guys, Daryl Dixon has his hands full and he can't come bail you out of yours.
ImageImageImage

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:06 pm

I can see how micro heroes may limit your picks, I guess.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 712 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:17 pm

i'd like that... but i'd have to figure out if a pick was legal or not by confering with you Grayson

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:36 pm

e_galston wrote:i'd like that... but i'd have to figure out if a pick was legal or not by confering with you Grayson

That's cool, we can work together on it if you would like. Leaving it open to so many different forms of entertainment, we are bound to run in to a few questionable selections.
ImageImageImage

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1003 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Grayson wrote:I don't know exactly when we are going to start but I was thinking that our next draft could be a little bit different from what we are typically used to and a little bit more of a challenge. What if we were to do a draft with the idea that we are our own first draft pick because we woke up tomorrow and discovered that we had survived the zombie apocalypse! Basically, the idea behind the draft would be that you are wandering the remains of the world after the initial zombie outbreak and you have to recruit your own team of survivors but you have to follow the rules:

1.) Don't be a (Super)Hero - You can choose from anybody in the world of comics, movies, television, or books with one exception; your goal is to survive the zombie apocalypse. Of course it's easy to survive if you recruit the freaking Justice League but that's no fun. No superheroes! If the character in question has a superpower or can be considered a superhero, they are not a legal pick. In otherwords, you can pick Jimmy Olsen but you can forget about picking Clark Kent!

2.) The Past is the Past and The Future is NOT Now! - The idea is that you literally wake up tomorrow and discover that the world as you know it is over. You can't pick characters from the past or the future unless they would have a present day counterpart. For instance, you could pick Terminator's John Conner but he isn't going to be the savior of mankind yet or you could pick Indiana Jones but he would be, what, over 100 years old?

3.) First Timers Only - If somebody has or is already living through a zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't be fair to pull them out of their own personal hell, just to stick them in another. Sorry guys, Daryl Dixon has his hands full and he can't come bail you out of yours.

How many are we picking?
What's your definition of "superhero"?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm

HNutz wrote:How many are we picking?
What's your definition of "superhero"?

I would say a standard 7-8 person team would be best, unless we wanted to go longer or draft a second group to come into conflict with our group.

Really the superhero rule applies to anybody who has a superpower or could be considered a superhero. Characters like Squirrel Girl are just as illegal as Superman would be and the same is true about Batman, however, is you wanted to choose Commissioner Gordon that is completely acceptable.
ImageImageImage

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Grayson wrote:
I would say a standard 7-8 person team would be best, unless we wanted to go longer or draft a second group to come into conflict with our group.

Really the superhero rule applies to anybody who has a superpower or could be considered a superhero. Characters like Squirrel Girl are just as illegal as Superman would be and the same is true about Batman, however, is you wanted to choose Commissioner Gordon that is completely acceptable.

What about characters like Punisher?

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 712 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:52 pm

HNutz wrote:
What about characters like Punisher?

if Batman is illegal then Punisher should be too...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:54 pm

HNutz wrote:What about characters like Punisher?

That's a tough one. I would say that Punisher is in the same area as Batman. He isn't technically super but he wears a costume and his activities and arsenal definitely give him an advantage over most ordinary people.
ImageImageImage

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 pm

If punisher and batman are out, most characters in action movies would be out also, no?

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Grayson wrote:
That's a tough one. I would say that Punisher is in the same area as Batman. He isn't technically super but he wears a costume and his activities and arsenal definitely give him an advantage over most ordinary people.

I'm good either way. I just want to ask these questions NOW as opposed to after we've started and people have ideas in mind.

Also... what about "supervillains"?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:05 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:If punisher and batman are out, most characters in action movies would be out also, no?

Not necessarily. Batman and Punisher are out because due to the nature of their characters, they can also be considered superheroes. However, Die Hard's John McClane is completely acceptable.

HNutz wrote:Also... what about "supervillains"?

Same as with the superheroes. Lex Luthor is just as illegal as Doomsday, however, Hans Gruber from Die Hard would be completely acceptable.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum