Advertisement

Age of Ultron #10 (Now with poorly written Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 375 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Age of Ultron #10 (Now with poorly written Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Grayson wrote:A funny thought just occurred to me. I have been one of the most outspoken people against this whole Angela stunt but let's say for the sake of argument that Marvel didn't let it slip that she was going to be introduced at the end of this issue. How many people would have actually known who she was? :smt102

I, for one, wouldn't have.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 297 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:19 pm

I had an Angela figure as a kid. And I think I have the comic too. I bought a bunch of spawn comics a long time ago that had the different writers doing stories that McFarlane drew.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Also Sakie why are you so anti-titties?

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:24 pm

regardless of how meh AOU was.....galactus in the ultimate universe written by fialkov has win written all over it.

thanks for alienating and discarding him DC.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 859 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Keb wrote:I had an Angela figure as a kid. And I think I have the comic too. I bought a bunch of spawn comics a long time ago that had the different writers doing stories that McFarlane drew.

Ok, so you were aware of Angela's existence as an Image Character related to Spawn. If there was no news about Angela entering the Marvel Universe as a result of this comic and you were flipping through Age of Ultron #10, would you have automatically assumed that this:

Was supposed to be this:

?

Keb wrote:Also Sakie why are you so anti-titties?

I'm not anti-titties, I'm just anti-whatever this is. Create a new character or use a character that already exists within one of the existing Marvel Universes. Don't take a character who was created to serve a specific purpose, redesign that character to a point where it is barely recognizable, and then casually drop it into a random story because you think it sounds cool.
ImageImageImage

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Grayson wrote:
Ok, so you were aware of Angela's existence as an Image Character related to Spawn. If there was no news about Angela entering the Marvel Universe as a result of this comic and you were flipping through Age of Ultron #10, would you have automatically assumed that this:

Was supposed to be this:

?

I'm not anti-titties, I'm just anti-whatever this is. Create a new character or use a character that already exists within one of the existing Marvel Universes. Don't take a character who was created to serve a specific purpose, redesign that character to a point where it is barely recognizable, and then casually drop it into a random story because you think it sounds cool.

Yes. Like I said. I had the figure. I had/have the comic. I remember her because I had a friend obsessed with her. I would have recognized her.

I think it's neat that she's there. It's not something you see so often these days. I don't really care for the character but props to marvel for doing something different.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 859 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Keb wrote:Yes. Like I said. I had the figure. I had/have the comic. I remember her because I had a friend obsessed with her. I would have recognized her.

I also had her first appearance growing up, so I was well aware of her existence but I don't think that I would have ever made the connection if I wasn't aware that was her.

I think it's neat that she's there. It's not something you see so often these days. I don't really care for the character but props to marvel for doing something different.

Fair enough. Despite how bad Age of Ultron was, as a whole, Marvel has earned a great deal more good faith from me than DC. It could be an good story in the long run, I'm just not personally interested in it.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand