Advertisement

Pokemon games

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Re: Pokemon games

Postby Zero » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:04 pm

I haven't got B2 yet, but I probably will before I get my hands on a 3DS

Advertisement

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Confirmation of Fairy type, a look at some new mons and a weird game mode where you get to stroke your Pokemon. Yay.

pat
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby pat » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm actually pretty excited for this.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Zero wrote:

Confirmation of Fairy type, a look at some new mons and a weird game mode where you get to stroke your Pokemon. Yay.

What you do with your Pokemon pillow is your business.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 508 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 pm

pat wrote:I'm actually pretty excited for this.

Simultaneous worldwide release!
Image Image Image ImageImage

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Chesscub wrote:
What you do with your Pokemon pillow is your business.

He did say "fairy" Image

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:43 pm

I'm behind in my reading but a ton of info being spilled in the Pokemon developer rountable

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Pokemon director reveals new battle scenarios and new ways to connect in Pokemon X/Y

And notes from serebii

During the Nintendo Direct, it was revealed that Pokémon X & Y will include the new Fairy-type which includes Sylveon, Gardevoir, Jigglypuff and Marill and is super effective against Dragon types. Gardevoir is now Psychic/Fairy, Marill is Water/Fairy and Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy. A new Pokémon was also revealed called Vivilion and one called Noivern.

Noivern's move Boomburst emits an explosive sound wave that damages all nearby Pokémon.

Sylveon has a move called Moonblast, a new Fairy-type move that calls on the power of the moon to attack an opposing Pokémon. This move can be very powerful and also lowers the opposing Pokémon’s Attack stat.

Edit @ 16:15: In addition to this, Vivillon is said to evolve from a Pokémon called Spewpa. No details on this Pokémon have been revealed yet.

A new feature called Pokémon-amie allows you to interact with your Pokémon to help grow your bond. This allows you to play with them and copy their actions. Release date on October 12th worldwide.

The special Nintendo Developer Roundtable for Pokémon X & Y has begun at E3 and is providing a large amount of Pokémon X & Y information. This information will be continually updated so keep checking back, and be sure to check the lower update segment for the previous news of the day

Players able to choose between languages in the game itself, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean. PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade. Split into Friends, Acquaintances and those you Pass By. They can then be promoted all the way up to friends as you interact and can hold up to 100 friends.

Multiple rulesets for battles return. Two new Pokémon: Skrelp is a Poison and Water-type Pokémon. Clauncher is a Water-type Pokémon. You can battle people you Passby and that's what promotes them to acquaintences.

Trading remains much the same as before. Interact with an acquaintance more than once and it'll automatically ask you to be your friend. Rhyhorn is a rideable Pokémon. Pokémon-Amie is said to have an additional, but currently unclear affect on Pokémon. Horde Encounters are a new type of wild battle. 5 on 1 battle. May include Pokémon of multiple species rather than just one. Sky Battles confirmed, only Flying-types and Levitators can participate. Talonflame, a new Fire and Flying-type Pokémon has just been revealed. Talonflame focuses on Speed.

A single save file is in the game still. Backwards compatibility "being worked on". X & Y will make IVs and EVs more visible. PSS syncs with 3DS Friend List. Multiple methods of transportation and different movement types in gyms. You can select specific music tracks before battle with a friend. Riding different Pokémon helps in different areas. Rhyhorn in rocky areas, for example. Pokémon are borrowed for the task
03:41: New Images have been added

Talonflame, the evolution of Fletchling, can learn Brave Bird, Clauncher can learn Crabhammer and Skrelp can learn Sludge Bomb

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Nolvern

Vivillon

TalonFlame

Skrelp

Clauncher

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 373 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Horde attacks sounds good.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Dev roundtable wrap up

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:10 pm

More from serebii...

The first batch of CoroCoro information is seemingly released, though unconfirmed at this time, and this batch showcases more information on the upcoming games, Pokémon X & Y with thanks to gin and StreetsAhead for translation. In this small portion of a scan, it shows a new character called Sana (サナ), who appears to be the character who follows you in the forest within the early trailer. Another image shows a character called Pansy (パンジー), who appears in the anime with Gogoat & Helioptile on July 18th, and the first Gym Leader we know of called Viola (Literally Biora ビオラ), who appears to be a bug Gym Leader in Hakudan City (ハクダンシティ)

13:17: Vivillon's pre-evolutions have been revealed as Kofukimushi (コフキムシ) & Kofuurai ( コフーライ) which should be called Spewpa based on yesterday's information, both of which are Bug-types

13:20: The Lion Cub Pokémon is called Shishiko (シシコ) and is Fire/Normal-type which has a move called Battle Cry which lowers the opponent's attack. It is 0.6m and 13.5kg The flower is Furabebe (フラベベ), the Lone Flower Pokémon, and is Fairy-type and knows the move Fairy Wind. It is 0.1m and 0.1kg

13:25: Starting town is called Asame Town (アサメタウン) and has three characters including Sana, Tieruno and Toroba who are all starting out at the same time as you. You just moved to Asame Town and the other gender character appears in your game known as Callum or Serena respectively. You also appear to have a Rhyhorn live in your front garden

Sana (pink)

Pansy

Kofukimushi, Spewpa & Vivillon

Shishiko

Furabebe

sdsichero

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:31 am

Hellishly busy week... A little old but (of course from Serebii)...

Pokémon X & Y - English Names & Screenshots

Following their reveal in CoroCoro on Wednesday, The Pokémon Company has now announced the US names of the latest Pokémon. First are the two pre-evolutions of Vivillon, Kofukimushi shall be known as Scatterbug which knows String Shot. Kofuurai will be known as Spewpa, which can learn Protect. Then, Shishiko will be known as Litleo, with its signature move known as Noble Roar and Furabebe will be known as Flabébé. Players may see different Flabébé holding flowers of different colors when encountering them in the wild.

In addition to this, they have also confirmed various names. The starting town, Asame Town will be called Vaniville Town and Hakudan City shall be known as Santalune City, with the rival characters being Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Serena (The Female Trainer), and Calem (The Male Trainer) respectively. Pansy, the journalist, shall be known as Alexa while the City Gym Leader, Viola is called Viola.

Shauna is the first trainer you meet and is eager to learn about her friends travels. Tierno intends to create a dance team with his Pokémon. Trevor's goal is to complete the Pokédex, and he's the one to give you it. He'll often compare dexes with you. Serena & Calem are your neighbours. You will also receive the Roller Skates in Santalune City

13:25: Updated the New Pokémon page with details of these Pokémon
13:35: Updated the New Attacks & Kalos Region pages with these new details
13:50: Created two new pages, one on The Gym Leaders, which will be updated as coverage goes on with each gym, and one on the Supporting Cast

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:20 am

Nintendo DS network seeing extended maintenance next week

From Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:00 AM
- Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:00 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services: