Advertisement

Cable And X-Force #10 (Forge Force Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Cable And X-Force #10 (Forge Force Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:56 am

Every issue of this title (or thereabouts) has been teasing a confrontation between X-Force and the Uncanny Avengers, and now, in #10 it’s finally happened! Yay! This was a good fight especially since Dennis Hopeless not only has a good handle on his regular characters, but on the Avengers as well. The work he’s been doing with Havok in his sporadic appearances here is just as good was what Remender has been doing really.

So yeah, the fight here was very good indeed, and Hopeless wisely left us wanting more, as all of the team except Cable split in order to stop some more of those pesky future disasters. This is interesting for two reasons, one is that Cable is now a captive of the Avengers and his uncle, which can’t be good for him, and two, because Cable is now allowing the rest of X-Force to stop the future-catastrophes, he’s delegating, which is not like him. Oh yeah, and Cable now has an eye that’s a gun. It’s like the ultimate expression of Liefeldianism. I can’t believe he never did it before.

Larrocca’s art was great as always, but I still think he’s drawing Rogue’s hair weirdly. Hope’s subplot also continues to be very interesting, as she makes her way to Blaquesmith. I liked how Hopeless suckered the reader in here, you’re laughing at wacky old Blaquesmith, pretending to be a fat woman and running a 7/11, and then blam! He zaps Hope with a laser beam and is revealed to be behind Cable’s brain problems. That’s a shocker and a half. This continues to be a very enjoyable action book with some great characters in it, I mean, Hopeless has managed to make Forge interesting, Forge!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1262 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Cable And X-Force #10 (Forge Force Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Forgive me, I haven't been reading this series but I am curious about one thing: did they ever explain why Cable has a "gun eye" and a cybernetic arm still? Shouldn't he be all flesh and blood again after X-Sanction?
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 303 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Grayson wrote:Forgive me, I haven't been reading this series but I am curious about one thing: did they ever explain why Cable has a "gun eye" and a cybernetic arm still? Shouldn't he be all flesh and blood again after X-Sanction?

the purging of the virus left him with a withered frail arm so he needs the new one. the glowing eye.....eh.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:26 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:the purging of the virus left him with a withered frail arm so he needs the new one. the glowing eye.....eh.

Oh...right. Well, I suppose that is a completely acceptable explanation except for the eye. Thanks fieldy!
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 303 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Grayson wrote:
Oh...right. Well, I suppose that is a completely acceptable explanation except for the eye. Thanks fieldy!

i just think "its cable"..it's like imagining wolverine without claws. maybe im wrong but i think it also left him one eyed too? i dropped the book so i can't remember :lol:

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 639 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Grayson wrote:

well his original eye was kind of destroyed/taken over by the t.o virus, so when it left his body he didn't have an eye... the new eye is to compensate for that...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 pm

e_galston wrote:well his original eye was kind of destroyed/taken over by the t.o virus, so when it left his body he didn't have an eye... the new eye is to compensate for that...

I just assumed that when Hope cured him of the T.O. virus, she also healed his body. I suppose it makes sense that his body would have been ravaged by the virus, especially when you consider how long he was infected with it but I just that if Hope had the power to cure the virus, she would also have the power to heal his body. It doesn't really bother me, I just wanted to see if it had been cleared up. You and fieldy provided me with an adequate explanation. :D

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:20 am

WHY THE FUCK IS FORGE BACK ALIVE????

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:44 am

Jubilee wrote:WHY THE FUCK IS FORGE BACK ALIVE????

I didn't even know he had died.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:51 am

Grayson wrote:
I just assumed that when Hope cured him of the T.O. virus, she also healed his body. I suppose it makes sense that his body would have been ravaged by the virus, especially when you consider how long he was infected with it but I just that if Hope had the power to cure the virus, she would also have the power to heal his body. It doesn't really bother me, I just wanted to see if it had been cleared up. You and fieldy provided me with an adequate explanation. :D

well remember Hope is just a "mimic" that can use other peoples powers to a much stronger degree than the user... She used Cable's own telekinesis to expell the t.o. virus from his body, she didn't cure him, she would have had to have someone like Elixir's healing ability to actually heal his body, but by that point Elixir was gone... When Hope expelled the virus Cable went into a coma, it took months for his body to get to the point where it could function.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 am

Punchy wrote:
I didn't even know he had died.

He "died" in Ellis's first arc of Astonishing... but to that i'll say they never showed the body, so its hard to know if he actually died. That and that arc dealt with alternate universes so its hard to know if that was actually the "real" Forge..

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 am

Wow, that sounds incredibly stupid. Plus, are you saying that again and still two teams of "heroes" are fighting each other? Is that all that happens in Marvel comics these days?

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1014 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:33 am

I haven't read this yet (I should though because I am a Cable fan), I just assumed his new arm is more like a cast/brace because the muscles in his arm are weak..

it's feeble.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:36 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I haven't read this yet (I should though because I am a Cable fan), I just assumed his new arm is more like a cast/brace because the muscles in his arm are weak..

it's feeble.

that's pretty much what it is

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1014 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 am

Is this book any good though? Should I pick up the trade?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand