Advertisement

The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #20 Revealed

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Psivage
FROGMAN

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: shake it baby, shake it good!
Formerly: Cat-Psivage

Re: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spider #

Postby Psivage » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:00 am

Could be one of the Iron Spiders. Which I miss. Actually is there only one left?

both made by Cat-Scratch

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:53 am

90s Nostalgia is finally here.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 346 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:20 am

Punchy wrote:90s Nostalgia is finally here.

Marvel's behind the times; it's been at DC for two years now.

Here's something I've always wondered: why do people scream and clamor for the return of Ben? I was reading comics, and working in my LCS, during the clone saga. EVERYONE wanted him to be gone. When he died, and the Saga ended, there was much rejoicing. And then, almost immediately, it went from that to, "Ben was a cool character, just not as the REAL Spidey", and eventually it was "WE WANT BEN! WE WANT BEN! WE WANT BEN!"

I swear to Kong, when he does come back, people are going to hate him. And call for his death. We really don't know what we want.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:10 am

Guaranteed this is another fakeout.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:11 am

Lord Simian wrote:And then, almost immediately, it went from that to, "Ben was a cool character, just not as the REAL Spidey", and eventually it was "WE WANT BEN! WE WANT BEN! WE WANT BEN!"

But that is how I feel and felt at the time. :smt102

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 299 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Marvel's behind the times; it's been at DC for two years now.

Here's something I've always wondered: why do people scream and clamor for the return of Ben? I was reading comics, and working in my LCS, during the clone saga. EVERYONE wanted him to be gone. When he died, and the Saga ended, there was much rejoicing. And then, almost immediately, it went from that to, "Ben was a cool character, just not as the REAL Spidey", and eventually it was "WE WANT BEN! WE WANT BEN! WE WANT BEN!"

I swear to Kong, when he does come back, people are going to hate him. And call for his death. We really don't know what we want.

He wasn't the bad part of the Clone Saga. If anything, the exact moment people wanted him "dead" was when he took up being Spider-Man when readers found out Peter was the clone, and Ben the original.

I for one never hated Ben. The character was actually interesting and fascinating. Now the Jackal of that era. ..... Ugh. I still want death onto that character even though Dan Slott and Christopher Yost have done miracles in bringing the character back from that 90s extreme.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1094 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:14 pm

I never had a hate for Ben. I was okay with him being around as the back-up Spider-Man. :smt102

Spider-Man sentai team!

Spider-Man Blue!

Spider-Man Red!

Spider-Man Black!

Spider-Man Green!

Spider-Man White!

Spider-Man Iron!

Spider-Man Evil!

Spider-Man Original!

GOGO SPIDER-RANGERS!

BONUS!!

Spider-Man With Boobies!!
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1022 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I love Kaine though, I don't want him gone no matter how much I want Ben back.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 860 posts

Re: RE: The Return of Ben Reilly?! The cover to Scarlet Spid

Postby HNutz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:36 pm

FBtron wrote:It will be Ben from another earth because of the multiverse exploding. Next will be Superior Spiderman fighting Uncle Ben in a reality where Ben got bite by the spider.

PAD introduced an "evil Uncle Ben" in FNSM.

Wikipedia wrote:Chameleon 2211

A version of Chameleon appeared in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. He has the powers of physically changing into any shape or form after accessing their DNA. This usually involves sampling their blood after killing the subject, although less lethal methods are possible; he was able to change into Sandman after an accidental ingestion of some of his sand.

Chameleon encounters an alternate Uncle Ben from another future who has been transferred into the 'main' timelined by Hobgoblin of 2211, attempting to influence Ben to kill Edwin Jarvis for his current involvement with this timeline's May Parker by arguing that, since the multiverse means every action possible is being committed, you might as well do what feels good. When Ben rejects the suggestion, Chameleon kills and replaces him. This fools Spider-Man 2211 whom he then kills when he arrives to try to return 'Ben' to his reality. After discovering the body, Sandman's father was framed for Ben's murder, and Sandman went to Spider-Man for help.

The two encountered Chameleon at Peter's high school (Chameleon had murdered the principal and was posing as him), where Chameleon reveals that he wasn't human at all but a giant monster. Chameleon was finally defeated, however, after Spider-Man (of Earth 616) used Spider-Man 2211's helmet to literally "administer poetic justice," causing a last-minute body switch between Chameleon and Sandman's father into an electric chair.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1094 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:01 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I love Kaine though, I don't want him gone no matter how much I want Ben back.

Ben can be some other Spider-guy. Kaine owns Scarlet Spider as his name now.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand