Advertisement

The Saturday Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 30 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: The Saturday Thread

Postby bkthomson » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Daughter birthday party and then a Costco run for stuff for the 4th of July vacation.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Sad Saturday for sure (actually all week).

Some of you might remember me posting about my Dad and his having a kidney cancer tumor removed last December. From there he recovered pretty well for a guy we were told might not have survived the surgery. Last April I came back to Detroit to celebrate his 75th B-day where he looked, moved and sounded so great.

Then a couple of weeks ago it all went to hell. Colon bleeding and blood clots took over and it's impossible to treat the clots without the bleeding getting worse and you can't treat the bleeding without the clots getting worse.

I came to Detroit last Sunday to bring my Dad home from hospital where he will spend the rest of his life (which could be weeks or hours).

It sucks. I'm typing this not more than 4 feet from him and he's just so withered and weak. I typed his obit this morning. :-(

So Saturday sucked! (but so has this whole week - especially tomorrow when I have to get back Massachusetts and leave here).

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:38 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you, him and the family, my friend. I'm very sorry to hear that.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Starlord wrote:My thoughts and prayers are with you, him and the family, my friend. I'm very sorry to hear that.

Hey! Double B! Been awhile. How you doin'?
(and thanks!)

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 270 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby TS Punk » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 pm

I thought I was going to be spending the evening with my wife since we very rarely see each other anymore because of our work schedules. We were both actually off tonight so we were gonna have dinner and then watch some movies together. We ate then she decided she would rather go to sleep about 3 hours ago. So I've just been watching SWAT and Big Bang Theory by myself while she sleeps. My life sucks.

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 270 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby TS Punk » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Amoebas wrote:Sad Saturday for sure (actually all week).

Some of you might remember me posting about my Dad and his having a kidney cancer tumor removed last December. From there he recovered pretty well for a guy we were told might not have survived the surgery. Last April I came back to Detroit to celebrate his 75th B-day where he looked, moved and sounded so great.

Then a couple of weeks ago it all went to hell. Colon bleeding and blood clots took over and it's impossible to treat the clots without the bleeding getting worse and you can't treat the bleeding without the clots getting worse.

I came to Detroit last Sunday to bring my Dad home from hospital where he will spend the rest of his life (which could be weeks or hours).

It sucks. I'm typing this not more than 4 feet from him and he's just so withered and weak. I typed his obit this morning. :-(

So Saturday sucked! (but so has this whole week - especially tomorrow when I have to get back Massachusetts and leave here).

My condolences, to you and your family.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Amoebas wrote:Hey! Double B! Been awhile. How you doin'?
(and thanks!)

Doing well my friend. Doing well. Just thought I'd drop in to see what condition my condition was in.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 191 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Sorry to hear that.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 57 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:40 am

My thoughts and condolences to you and your family.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 30 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:53 am

So sorry to hear this. I hope for a peaceful time for his life.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 188 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:48 am

My condolences to you and your family. It's a shame that they can't treat one symptom without making the other worse. :-(

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 191 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:58 am

About to go meet my future roommate for grad school. :?

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 390 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Sorry to hear that man. My friend called me a couple days ago crying and told me her had died. Kind of out of the blue (aneurysm). It's been pretty rough for her. Hope your dad has a peaceful and loving time.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Amoebas wrote:Hey! Double B! Been awhile.

Big Boner? :smt017

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:37 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:So we're moved into our new apartment. It's a townhome with two floors, two bedrooms, one and a half baths. This is the first day we're here and gonna be home all day. We have a lot of unpacking to do still, but Amy and I are enjoying a little bit of quiet time because this place has a small backyard, all fenced in with a high wooden privacy fence. So we put the kids out there with some sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and balls, and though we can see them through the sliding glass doors, we can't hear them. It's amazing. :lol:

Gonna relax and drink a little more coffee, then get to some unpacking. It's so nice out here in Petaluma, lots of farmland, cows and horses and grape vines and wineries, but still only 40 minutes from the city so my commute won't be too bad. With the two floors and backyard, I feel for the first time like the kids really have a "home" instead of being crammed into a two bedroom flat more suited to a couple with no kids or one kid.

That sounds really good, congratulations.

Just don't forget to let them back in.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum