Advertisement

The Venture Brothers 5.04: Spanakopita

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 287 posts

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: The Venture Brothers 5.04: Spanakopita

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:33 am

agree it was a weak episode. I did love that Hank is still wearing the strength suit.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 266 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 am

guitarsmashley wrote:agree it was a weak episode. I did love that Hank is still wearing the strength suit.

Yes what is up with that?

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Zechs wrote:
Yes what is up with that?

Maybe he's going through some issues.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1133 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Zechs wrote:Yes what is up with that?

Well, despite how the suit is designed and shaped, it is a suit that gives Hank a slight degree of superhuman abilities. He probably just doesn't want to take it off. Also, I will have to rewatch "S.P.H.I.N.X. Rising" but I seem to remember there being a comment about Hank not being able to get out of the suit. Although, I could be mistaken about that.

"Spanakopita" was an enjoyable episode of Venture Bros. but I do agree that it was no where near the level of the 3 episodes that preceded it this season. However, that is sort of the way of Venture Bros. Each season seems to have one or two episodes that don't really seem to mix well with the rest of the season until closer to the end when they will bring back some obscure reference that you probably didn't even catch the first time around.

I will disagree with Zechs review when he mentioned that this episode didn't continue any of this season's previous plots. After last week's episode, it might not have been one of the plot points that everyone was wanting the show to follow up on but "Spanakopita" did bring Billy Quizboy back into conflict with his very own archnemesis, Augustus St. Cloud. One has to wonder, with Billy defeating Augustus so soundly the past 2 times they have interacted, if there will be trouble brewing for Billy later this season. I would hate to think that something terrible is on the horizon for Conjectural Technologies.
ImageImageImage

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Since I've been at least watching the first season over I will say its nice to se St. Cloud in his first appearance at tag sale your it looking for nudie mags.

- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Grayson wrote:
Well, despite how the suit is designed and shaped, it is a suit that gives Hank a slight degree of superhuman abilities. He probably just doesn't want to take it off. Also, I will have to rewatch "S.P.H.I.N.X. Rising" but I seem to remember there being a comment about Hank not being able to get out of the suit. Although, I could be mistaken about that.

"Spanakopita" was an enjoyable episode of Venture Bros. but I do agree that it was no where near the level of the 3 episodes that preceded it this season. However, that is sort of the way of Venture Bros. Each season seems to have one or two episodes that don't really seem to mix well with the rest of the season until closer to the end when they will bring back some obscure reference that you probably didn't even catch the first time around.

I will disagree with Zechs review when he mentioned that this episode didn't continue any of this season's previous plots. After last week's episode, it might not have been one of the plot points that everyone was wanting the show to follow up on but "Spanakopita" did bring Billy Quizboy back into conflict with his very own archnemesis, Augustus St. Cloud. One has to wonder, with Billy defeating Augustus so soundly the past 2 times they have interacted, if there will be trouble brewing for Billy later this season. I would hate to think that something terrible is on the horizon for Conjectural Technologies.

Any time there is a Billy Quizboy story it becomes a great episode. His origin is one of my favorite episodes.

- Les Paul

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1133 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:15 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Any time there is a Billy Quizboy story it becomes a great episode. His origin is one of my favorite episodes.

:smt026
ImageImageImage

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 207 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:20 pm

I love that in the flashback, L Ron Hubbard was the villain. :lol:

Also just throwing this out there...Monarch's parents were in the opening scene on the boat with team venture. The mystery deepens.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:22 pm

doombug wrote:I love that in the flashback, L Ron Hubbard was the villain. :lol:

Also just throwing this out there...Monarch's parents were in the opening scene on the boat with team venture. The mystery deepens.

dammit now I need to rewatch it.

- Les Paul

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 207 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:25 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
dammit now I need to rewatch it.

only reason I know is because a friend told me, I rewound it and paused the screen and they were there. 8)

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Grayson wrote:

:smt026

That whole episode is all just straight pure genius. Tony Clifton, the kid wearing the watchmen pin. Hunter in the cheerleader outfit. Billy's freakout at the end. Easily a top 5 episode.

- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum