Advertisement

New Avengers #7 (Game theory for nation building Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

New Avengers #7 (Game theory for nation building Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 am

It’s a double-dose of the Hickman-Vengers this week, and it’s really welcome at this point. This was another very good issue of New Avengers, mainly because it focused on the characters and their reactions to the moral lines they are crossing, not on ridiculous mumbo-jumbo words and huge concepts that are hard to explain. This issue jumps forward a month in time, and catches us up with what the Illuminati are doing. I think it’s very impressive how Hickman is managing to make his story fit in with what other writers are doing. He’s not just ignoring the fact that Iron Man is off in space or that Reed Richards is in the Multiverse, he’s addressing it and making it work. We even get to see new-look Beast in this issue, which is cool.

The main story in this issue is the still-simmering tensions between not only Namor and Black Panther, but their countries, Wakanda and Atlantis. Atlanteans destroyed Wakanda in Avengers Vs X-Men, and it has not been forgotten. The conversation between those two characters in this issue was just fantastic stuff, you can tell they want to kill each other, but they can’t afford to. I think it’s also very clever of Hickman to have Shuri ignore her brother and declare war. This is the price the Illuminati have to pay for keeping secrets. If the rest of the Wakandans and Atlanteans knew about the incursions, they may have decided to call a truce, but since they are unaware of the cosmic backdrop, they will fight. It’s tragic and brilliant.

I also found the dinner conversation between Reed, Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom to be fascinating, especially in how Reed and Strange came off as the bad guys, not Doom. I’m sure there are some fans who hate how our supposed ‘heroes’ are acting, but to me, it works, the stakes here are so huge that what they are doing is necessary. It doesn’t make it any less odd though. I was on the side of Doom! That is not supposed to happen. Oh yeah, and Black Bolt is up to something with Maximus, and once again, the character who is normally the villain, Maximus is shown in the more positive light, this book is flipping everything upside down.

After spending the last few months drawing the hell out of Avengers, Mike Deodato jumps over to the New side and he does his usual excellent job, I think the change to having no inker and being coloured by Frank Martin has given his work a new freshness, it looks awesome.

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 335 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Re: New Avengers #7 (Game theory for nation building Spoiler

Postby Keb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:33 pm

I ould easily be happy with Steve Epting and Mike Deodato rotating on this book.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 345 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:31 pm

I still want to know how Namor escaped from Wakanda at the end of AVX after he got taken down.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:08 am

draco x wrote:I still want to know how Namor escaped from Wakanda at the end of AVX after he got taken down.

A country that's been flooded is a pretty easy escape route for an Atlantean.

Hab

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:36 pm

I enjoyed this issue, especially the conversation between Kristoff, Dr. Strange, Reed and Doom. There was one point of the conversation that really stood out for me.

Doom: I have reports of you lost in space-time, and yet you are here. How is that Doctor Richards?

Reed: Sometimes I am in one place. Sometimes I am in another. Some people sleep at night, some other watch over those who do.

I've been wondering how it is that Reed could be off doing what he's doing in Fantastic Four yet still be doing what he's doing in New Avengers. I'm happy that it's finally been acknowledged and hints have been laid that something is up. I have no doubt that the Reed currently in Fantastic Four is the real deal. This of course begs the question then, who, or what the hell is the Reed that's being featured in this series?

I have to say, I'm intrigued.

Thank you Troy for the sig

HNutz
P&#1062;&#1048;K&#1063; &#1042;&#1071;&#1025;&#106

Liked in: 615 posts

Postby HNutz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Stephen Day wrote:I enjoyed this issue, especially the conversation between Kristoff, Dr. Strange, Reed and Doom. There was one point of the conversation that really stood out for me.

The Dr. Strange part read weird to me.

Doom: I have reports of you lost in space-time, and yet you are here. How is that Doctor Richards?

Reed: Sometimes I am in one place. Sometimes I am in another. Some people sleep at night, some other watch over those who do.

I've been wondering how it is that Reed could be off doing what he's doing in Fantastic Four yet still be doing what he's doing in New Avengers. I'm happy that it's finally been acknowledged and hints have been laid that something is up. I have no doubt that the Reed currently in Fantastic Four is the real deal. This of course begs the question then, who, or what the hell is the Reed that's being featured in this series?

I thought it was just Reed teleporting around, doing his own thing while the family's asleep.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:55 pm

HNutz wrote:

Agreed, I'm not a big fan of Hickman's Dr. Strange.

I thought it was just Reed teleporting around, doing his own thing while the family's asleep.

It could be, but that line is very cryptic. To me it reads way to cryptic for something that simple. I'll be disappointed, but not really surprised, if that turns out to be the case.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:58 pm

HNutz wrote:

I had been reading with the assumption the events detailed in the series all take place before Avengers v.5 #1.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:01 pm

It could be one of the alternate universe Reeds :smt102

The bond between Reed and T'Challa that Bast mentions in Hickman's F4 hasn't been brought up yet.

Also, Reed's been pretty chummy with Black Swan

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Keb wrote:It could be one of the alternate universe Reeds :smt102

The bond between Reed and T'Challa that Bast mentions in Hickman's F4 hasn't been brought up yet.

Also, Reed's been pretty chummy with Black Swan

Yeah, I've been wondering how chummy it's going to get before she stabs him in the back.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:04 pm

I figured he might stab her first :groucho:

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 362 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Stephen Day wrote:I enjoyed this issue, especially the conversation between Kristoff, Dr. Strange, Reed and Doom. There was one point of the conversation that really stood out for me.

I already deleted the comic but there is a line about Reed having to back to the multiverse.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

HNutz
P&#1062;&#1048;K&#1063; &#1042;&#1071;&#1025;&#106

Liked in: 615 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Keb wrote:I figured he might stab her first :groucho:

With his cock? ;)

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:01 pm

HNutz wrote:
With his cock? ;)

That too.

- Sons of the Desert

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm

HNutz wrote:
With his cock? ;)

From the other room!

leave a comment with facebook

Next