Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DOMA goes down!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:22 am

Legally married gay couples get the same benefits as me and my wife! Victory #1!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 am

Ruling on Prop 8 coming shortly.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 am

I think Prop 8 is gonna stand because marriage being a state issue. Kennedy spelled it out in the Doma ruling.

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 am

Awesome news.

Somewhere some homophobic jackass is spitting nails about this and it makes me so happy.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:38 am

Proposition 8 was overruled!!!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 am

Very glad to be wrong. But, the prop 8 ruling only effects california. And other states will defend their marriage bans.

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:46 am

syxxpakk wrote:Proposition 8 was overruled!!!

Kind of... it falls in CA but only for CA.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:48 am

That's all it was ever about, Prop 8. Prop 8 was never about America as a whole, but for California. But it sets the precedent! So for example now a same sex couple in GA can take it to the Supreme Court and get those same rights!!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:51 am

syxxpakk wrote:That's all it was ever about, Prop 8. But it sets the precedent! So for example now a same sex couple in GA can take it to the Supreme Court and get those same rights!!

Unless the Governor and Attorney General of Georgia defend their same sex marriage ban. The ruling says that there was no reason for the supreme court to hear the case because then state wasn't going to defend it. So the test is what the more conservative states do to keep their marriage bans.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 am

syxxpakk wrote:That's all it was ever about, Prop 8. Prop 8 was never about America as a whole, but for California. But it sets the precedent! So for example now a same sex couple in GA can take it to the Supreme Court and get those same rights!!

i don't really think so.. all they did with Prop 8 was say that the original ruling stood because the private party didn't have any real legal standing to defend the law in court... they didn't rule it unconstitutional or anything... they just said the lower court's decision stood

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:11 am

America.. slowly stepping into the 21st century and joining Canada there.

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:17 am

Reading the dissenting opinions I am once again reminded of what a fucking asshole I think Scalia is.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:22 am

Jack Burton wrote:Reading the dissenting opinions I am once again reminded of what a fucking asshole I think Scalia is.

It's not an opinion. The entire world thinks he's a scum bag.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 am

Scalia should have recused himself from hearing any case dealing with gay people after all the hateful things he's said about gays in the last few years...

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:34 am

Good.

leave a comment with facebook