Advertisement

Age of Ultron #10AI (this should've been an epilogue)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Self Important

Age of Ultron #10AI (this should've been an epilogue)

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:05 am

A really well written issue by Waid that has literally nothing to do with anything other than a set up for avengers AI a book where Hank pym leads a team of robots? A fun one shot that has no reason to exist or anything to make me want to read the other book spinning out of it.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: Age of Ultron #10AI (this should've been an epilogue)

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:10 pm

oh and there are no spoilers because nothing actually happens in this comic.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 388 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:54 pm

So the end result we get another Avengers books with robots basically.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:04 pm

yup

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:35 pm

I may not have liked the final issue of Age Of Ultron, but I did like this epilogue issue from Mark Waid and Andre Araujo. This was basically an origin recap for Hank Pym, and a set-up for his new status-quo in Avengers AI. In the aftermath of discovering what his creation, Ultron was capable of doing in an alternate reality, Pym reminisces about his life.

We go right back to his childhood, and all of this is new to me, and I assume is invented by Waid. I really liked how Waid kept the focus on Pym’s desire to be creative with science coming into conflict with society’s desire to keep science practical. When you think about it, Science can be art, and if Pym is moving more in that direction, then that sets him apart from all of the other various super-genius running around in the Marvel Universe. I also thought that Waid did a very good job at making you feel emotions for the young Hank Pym and his grandma in only a few pages.

After this origin recap, we see that Pym has come to an epiphany about his role in the universe. Because the Pym-less ‘Age Of Morgana Le Fay’ was even worse than the standard Universe, he realises he is important, and so recommits himself to fighting crime. The ensuing few pages of Pym, as both Ant-Man and Giant-Man solving crimes and rescuing people were just brilliant. Waid and Araujo really showed the diverse uses that growing and shrinking can be put to, and really made Pym look like a bad-ass. Mark Waid has a way of taking a character people think is lame and just making them work, he did it with Ka-Zar for god’s sake, and he does it here too. After reading this issue and that one Daredevil where Pym went inside Matt’s brain, I’d really love a Mark Waid-written Ant-Man/Giant-Man series.

But we’re not getting that, we’re getting Avengers AI. The final page of this story is a blatant link with that series, as Pym gets to work on a Doom-bot. I’m not sure if I’m going to get Avengers AI or not, if Waid was writing it, I definitely would. I guess I’ll give it a shot, especially since Araujo is drawing it. I was impressed by his work in this issue, it’s a little rough, but I like his style. Hank Pym can be a great character in the right hands, and now that Ultron is behind him, he has the potential to be even cooler. I hope Humphries is the right man for the job, and if not, come on Marvel, Waid on Ant-Man in time for the movie?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand