Advertisement

New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 40212
Likes: 265 posts
Liked in: 434 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Online


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby Keb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Same.

Advertisement

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18451
Likes: 17 posts
Liked in: 124 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby Arion » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:50 pm

The Shadow wrote:I find his old style more fluid and three dimensional... and I HATE how he does his faces now.


The "new" pages look kind of odd to me. Is it possible that he was paired with the wrong inker?

Looks like Pacheco (like Salvador Larroca) had a more unique style years ago and decided to adopt a more 'realistic' style in recent times.

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 19378
Likes: 73 posts
Liked in: 347 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Arion wrote:
The "new" pages look kind of odd to me. Is it possible that he was paired with the wrong inker?

Looks like Pacheco (like Salvador Larroca) had a more unique style years ago and decided to adopt a more 'realistic' style in recent times.

When I was flicking through my back issues to chuck stuff into my garage I came across this cover and remembered Larocca drew this entire series, his style has really changed drastically:
Image
Image

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18451
Likes: 17 posts
Liked in: 124 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby Arion » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Yes, I know it has changed a lot. But I'm sure the big change is his decision and I respect that. Besides, it's always interesting to see how artists change through time...

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16326
Likes: 285 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Another fine issue. I wonder if Sharon is a fakeout but, I wonder why should she shoot a kid?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21444
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:05 pm

holy shit I love this book; those last few pages were :shock: :shock: ; JRJr's art is what it is, but man this story is fucking great IMMO...a really good look at just who Cap is, wrapped in the middle of brutal non-stop action; can't wait to see Cap finally get his shot at Zola in the next 2 issues
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21444
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Another fine issue. I wonder if Sharon is a fakeout but, I wonder why should she shoot a kid?

because she's just seen him beat the holy hell out of Cap for the previous 10 pages? :smt102
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8973
Likes: 877 posts
Liked in: 1466 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:07 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Another fine issue. I wonder if Sharon is a fakeout but, I wonder why should she shoot a kid?


I'm sure that it is a fake out. Unfortunately, I'm also sure that however this story ends, when Cap makes it back home the memory of a Sharon killing Ian will continue to haunt him which will probably result in them splitting up. I really hope that I am wrong about that.
ImageImageImage

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16326
Likes: 285 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:09 pm

chap22 wrote:because she's just seen him beat the holy hell out of Cap for the previous 10 pages? :smt102



but did she? Or was she there just before the shot?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21444
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Grayson wrote:
I'm sure that it is a fake out. Unfortunately, I'm also sure that however this story ends, when Cap makes it back home the memory of a Sharon killing Ian will continue to haunt him which will probably result in them splitting up. I really hope that I am wrong about that.

my thoughts exactly. except that if it leads to a Cap/Diamondback reconciliation, I'll forgive Remender. :-D
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21444
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:19 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:

but did she? Or was she there just before the shot?

I imagine that's something we'll find out next issue.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16326
Likes: 285 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:24 pm

chap22 wrote:I imagine that's something we'll find out next issue.



Really? You think? Come on Cap you're better than that.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8973
Likes: 877 posts
Liked in: 1466 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:54 pm

chap22 wrote:my thoughts exactly. except that if it leads to a Cap/Diamondback reconciliation, I'll forgive Remender. :-D


It won't. Remember is also writing Uncanny Avengers where he has been dropping hints about a possible romance between Cap and Wanda. If he splits up Cap and Sharon, I except him to go straight to the Scarlet Witch. :smt011
ImageImageImage

Apache Chef
User avatar
Expert Post Whore
 
Posts: 5465
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 pm


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby Apache Chef » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:10 pm

I think it's a lot more interesting if it's not a fakeout. Sharon shows up in a crazy world, doesn't know what's going on, thinks Cap is being killed and "saves" him. Cap just watched his son get blown away.

Now Steve has to deal with it. I think it puts him in a very interesting spot. He's lost 10 years and he's lost a son.

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 40212
Likes: 265 posts
Liked in: 434 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Online


Re: New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Postby Keb » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:37 pm

I don't think he's lost 10 years though. Again, I think Zola is manipulating time in Dimension Z so ten years has passed for Cap but like a week might have passed for Sharon and the real world.

Looking forward to the final two issues of the arc. This issue dragged out a bit. I'm getting tired of Cap getting his ass kicked. It's all that's happened for the last 4 issues.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 60 guests

Advertisement