Monday, May 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We Wipe Last. Not Before."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Keb wrote:I don't think he's lost 10 years though. Again, I think Zola is manipulating time in Dimension Z so ten years has passed for Cap but like a week might have passed for Sharon and the real world.

Looking forward to the final two issues of the arc. This issue dragged out a bit. I'm getting tired of Cap getting his ass kicked. It's all that's happened for the last 4 issues.


But Cap has lost 10 years. He might have been gone for 30 seconds on earth but he's lost 10 years in Z land.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:17 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:But Cap has lost 10 years. He might have been gone for 30 seconds on earth but he's lost 10 years in Z land.


He only thinks that he has lost 10 years because he is still strapped to a machine in Zola's lab. Everything that has happened to Cap in this series has happened in his mind. :P
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Regardless to him it will alway feel like 10 vivid years. The solicit for #13 says he'll feel like a man out of time once more because of it.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:02 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Regardless to him it will alway feel like 10 vivid years. The solicit for #13 says he'll feel like a man out of time once more because of it.


Oh well, I still really like this book. I'm just hoping that it doesn't negatively impact Cap's relationship with Sharon. I would like a healthy relationship to exist in comics for a change.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Grayson wrote:
He only thinks that he has lost 10 years because he is still strapped to a machine in Zola's lab. Everything that has happened to Cap in this series has happened in his mind. :P

You willing to put money on that?
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Keb wrote:You willing to put money on that?


Hell no! However, you know I have had that theory practically since the first issue. :P
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Keb wrote:You willing to put money on that?


We can start an online bet.
User avatar

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:57 am

I'm still laughing about that letter in this issue :lol: where the writer accused JR jr of drawing all kids like they were "lil Archie" :-D
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:I'm still laughing about that letter in this issue :lol: where the writer accused JR jr of drawing all kids like they were "lil Archie" :-D


Lil Archie? Where are the freckles?
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Apache Chef wrote:I think it's a lot more interesting if it's not a fakeout. Sharon shows up in a crazy world, doesn't know what's going on, thinks Cap is being killed and "saves" him. Cap just watched his son get blown away.

Now Steve has to deal with it. I think it puts him in a very interesting spot. He's lost 10 years and he's lost a son.


I don't care how much danger Sharon thought that Steve was in, there is no way that anybody is ever going to convince me that an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. thought that the best course of action was to shoot a child through the neck.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Grayson wrote:
I don't care how much danger Sharon thought that Steve was in, there is no way that anybody is ever going to convince me that an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. thought that the best course of action was to shoot a child through the neck.


Did that happen in the issue I haven't read yet.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Arion wrote:Did that happen in the issue I haven't read yet.


:oops: No... :-(
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Grayson wrote:
:oops: No... :-(


Don't worry, I know this isn't a spoiler free thread.
Besides with my bad memory I won't remember any of this when I actually read the comic...
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Posted this in this week's Review Group but I thought I would post it here too:

Did anybody else notice the tombstones for Rex Tyler and Jay Garrick during one of the flashbacks in the current issue of Captain America? I just thought it was a cool nod to the old school JSA.
User avatar

Flynn the Pirate

OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Grayson wrote:Posted this in this week's Review Group but I thought I would post it here too:

Did anybody else notice the tombstones for Rex Tyler and Jay Garrick during one of the flashbacks in the current issue of Captain America? I just thought it was a cool nod to the old school JSA.


Yes, indeedy.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles and 88 guests