Advertisement

Nightwing to Take One for the Team in 'Forever Evil'

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 854 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Nightwing to Take One for the Team in 'Forever Evil'

Postby Grayson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Babs is supposed to have photographic memory.

In the DCnU the ability to beat up the bad guys is greater than any other ability.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Grayson wrote:
In the DCnU the ability to beat up the bad guys is greater than any other ability.

Which is why DC is failing.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 190 posts

Postby TimH » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 pm

so the only hook didio can find for forever evil is that he's going to kill a costumed Dick?

anyone have any idea what the plot or premise is beyond somebody getting hurt and shiny covers that move around like a GIF image, buton expensive paper?

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 190 posts

Postby TimH » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:43 pm

why does Didio hate his Dick so much? do you suppose all his bluster and overbearingness is overcompensation because a gym teacher taunted him as Dan Dildo? Or because Didiot is an actual word in the Dick-tionary? Or because fans confuse him with Dan Slott? (dildo and slot-one writes well, the other needs backup from keith giffen)

*hey kids! wanna learn how to break into comics? be the editors' boss!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 181 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:51 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

If they wanted a clueless Batgirl for the New52 they would have just brought back Stephanie Brown :P

Which surprisingly she was more like Barbara in her ongoing and here in the New 52 Barbara is even more fuck-up than Stephanie ever was. It's amazing that she still has the mantle after all those lives that she's failed to save. Because her first action after getting healed: "I'M GONNA BE BATGIRL AGAIN!!!!"

And stupidest choices of the past two years goes to Gordon Barbara Gordon. It amazes me at times the stupidity of this character and the series. Masochists and blind obedient fools the lot of you. Least Cassandra Cain fans were wise to avoid the garbage that was v. 2. How true "Barbara Gordon fans" blindly love this trash makes me think they'd do anything for the character. But then this is the same company that has select "favoritism". ARGH.. glad I don't give any of these jackals a dime of my money.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 am

Log-Man wrote: :lol:

bwaa haahaa also they are playing EPCOT in Sept when I am there... should I see them?

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:41 am

Well I'm excited to see where it goes, personally.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 309 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:02 am

Zechs wrote: But then this is the same company that has select "favoritism". ARGH..

Yeah. That line is absolutely hysterical coming from the guy that blatantly rigs every Moment Of The Week so what he doesn't like won't win :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

SporkBot
Post Whore

Liked in: 215 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:12 am

Zechs wrote:
It amazes me at times the stupidity of this character and the series. Masochists and blind obedient fools the lot of you. Least Cassandra Cain fans were wise to avoid the garbage that was v. 2. How true "Barbara Gordon fans" blindly love this trash makes me think they'd do anything for the character. But then this is the same company that has select "favoritism". ARGH.. glad I don't give any of these jackals a dime of my money.

Well, let's have some level of fairness here (DC wouldn't, but that doesn't mean we can't): This isn't QUITE the Babs we're used to. In this universe, love it or loath it, she was a college freshman that was inspired to wear what looked like a wool onesy and a laughingly thin domino-esque mask to fight crime with Batman...for a year or two. Then she decided to shelve the costume and focus on her studies. Then she got shot and was crippled for three years before being healed somehow (they probably haven't figured out the details).

Now, none of us have to like it (and a whole lot of us don't), but this isn't the Barbara that was crippled permanently/indefinitely for a less specific number of years. The old Barbara was crippled in 1988, and in about a year, in 1989, she became Oracle. Meaning that the old Babs was stronger than the new Babs. The former was so dedicated to crime-fighting and helping people, she flipped a middle finger to adversity and worked around her paraplegia.

The latter, however, didn't seem to do anything in that timespan. Her tech skills are far from her previous incarnation. What gives? Did she sulk for all that time? Did she do nothing but research how to get her legs back? Maybe we'll get the answers, but regardless, I think my point stands: DC traded a strong character for a weaker version. And Babs isn't the only one.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:53 am

Once Dick became Batman, it was clear to me that he should have stayed in that role. He was actually interesting as Batman and has a well-defined and interesting role in the DCU. This is even with Bruce also back as the global Batman.

Since the New 52 and the reversion to Nightwing... who gives a fuck? You may as well kill him. The only time he's been interesting in the last 2 years was that one panel in Batman Inc #8 which referenced his time as Batman with Damian.

There's no point in having him spinning his heels doing nothing, even if his costume is now red instead of blue.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 309 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Nightwing LIVES through 'Forever Evil'

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Updated, just to point out that Rich at BC added some clarification to the spoilage, saying that Nightwing will not die, but what he goes through may be worse.

-pip pip!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 181 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 pm

jeremy wrote:Updated, just to point out that Rich at BC added some clarification to the spoilage, saying that Nightwing will not die, but what he goes through may be worse.

-pip pip!

Dust off the wheelchair. Welcome the fifth new character direction for Dick in under three years.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 699 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:25 pm

jeremy wrote:Updated, just to point out that Rich at BC added some clarification to the spoilage, saying that Nightwing will not die, but what he goes through may be worse.

-pip pip!

What could worse? Working as Didio's press agent? :smt102
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

xshane666x
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post

Postby xshane666x » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Why does DaDildo hate Nightwing? :-(

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand