Advertisement

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:02 am

Well, so far today and yesterday, the prosecution's "star" witness, who they depend on for most of their case, has admitted to lying at least two times under oath. :lol:

The first about her whereabouts during Martin's funeral. The second about writing a letter regarding the incident, which she admitted she couldn't even read---evidently a hush came over the courtroom when she copped to being unable to read. She's evidently barely literate.

She also went to work over night scrubbing her Twitter account of all references to drugs and getting high, after a blog pointed those out... :lol:

And after her bizarre behaviour yesterday when she just about threw a temper tantrum on the stand after being asked to stay on for more testimony, as well as her overall hostile demeanour to the defence attorney, he asked her if someone had talked to her about her conduct on the stand.

And so far the only racial slur to emerge in the trial came from Martin, that is, if you buy anything this girl says considering how often she's evidently willing to lie under oath.

You have to wonder about the prosecution. They're supposed to rehearse witnesses to prevent performances like that. I'd say they didn't bother in this case. Which pretty much IS their case. And they should have asked her pre-emptively about all the things she lied about in order to put the best spin on it themselves, rather than let the defence do it.

Even with the judge doing nearly all she can to ensure a state victory by issuing unfair rulings, (such as allowing the prosecution to put their unfounded "profiling" theory in opening statements and allowing the Martin parents in the court, but not Zimmerman's family), this looks like a no-win case for the state.

Oh yeah, and in between all the fun with the "star" witness, the defence also shot holes through the testimony of two other witnesses. The two neighbours who heard and saw parts of the confrontation, but changed their testimony over time until it got to where the prosecution wanted it. The defence pointed that out, and got the two to admit they'd changed their testimony.

One wonders if the defence will be able----or allowed, to work in the real reason for Martin's little trip that day, over a mile in a light rain to get Skittles and iced tea. Which of course is Lean, a drug concoction he'd become fond of, to judge by his Facebook posts.

If so, it would add character dimension to Martin, who of course was portrayed by the media as a angelic little boy when this first came out. I doubt however that the defence will be allowed to advance this theory, since the judge has already ruled his Facebook posts about drug use and his fondness for attacking and beating people is inadmissible, as are his encounters with police and his suspensions from school---on the grounds that they would be prejudicial. Evidently, theories about Zimmerman "profiling" Martin aren't.

As you can see, I'm bored. Hab, come and argue! :lol:
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Zimmerman/Martin Trial Thread

Postby habitual » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:26 am

The defense attorney so far is terrible.

The defense just asked for an audio tape to be played that hasn't even been admitted to evidence.

Based on the evidence so far it's been implied that Zimmerman was assaulting Martin before he murdered him.

Hab

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 am

achilles?

It's defense. Get it right. You Brit wannabe. :roll: :smt011

As for this trial? Who gives a fuck? It's a mess. The blacks will want Zimmerman to go down regardless because he killed this more-than-innocent youth. Everyone else (except the white guilt people) will back Zimmerman. 2008 all over again.

I could give a shit. An eventual gang banger is dead and some overzealous idiot is going to jail for being an idiot.

That's some lawyer Zimmerman hired. A knock knock joke? Stupid motherfucker. :lol: :roll: :smt011
Last edited by GOSD on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 am

habitual wrote:The defense attorney so far is terrible.

The defense just asked for an audio tape to be played that hasn't even been admitted to evidence.

Based on the evidence so far it's been implied that Zimmerman was assaulting Martin before he murdered him.

Hab

Excellent! Take me out of my ennui! :lol:

He doesn't seem great, but the prosecution guy seems like a moron. I don't know what evidence you're talking about. Those two witnesses who claimed to have seen Zimmerman on top of Martin admitted they changed their stories. Either they lied, or their recall is suspect and likely influenced by the press coverage.

All it seems like so far is that the prosecution had got nothing, and that they never should have brought the case. And that political pressure was the only reason they did, even when they didn't have the goods to win it.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 248 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 am

How is it that two people can watch the same trial and have the same perception :smt102

I've never heard of Lean, what exactly is that?

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 am

GOSD wrote:achilles?

It's defense. Get it right. You Brit wannabe. :roll: :smt011

As for this trial? Who gives a fuck? It's a mess. The blacks will want Zimmerman to go down regardless because he killed this more-than-innocent youth. Everyone else (except the white guilt people) will back Zimmerman. 2008 all over again.

It's the OJ trial all over again.

I could give a shit. An eventual gang banger is dead and some overzealous idiot is going to jail for being an idiot.

That's some lawyer Zimmerman hired. A knock knock joke? Stupid motherfucker
. :lol: :roll: :smt011

This times 1,000,000.

Hab

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:35 am

achilles wrote:
Excellent! Take me out of my ennui! :lol:

He doesn't seem great, but the prosecution guy seems like a moron. I don't know what evidence you're talking about. Those two witnesses who claimed to have seen Zimmerman on top of Martin admitted they changed their stories. Either they lied, or their recall is suspect and likely influenced by the press coverage.

All it seems like so far is that the prosecution had got nothing, and that they never should have brought the case. And that political pressure was the only reason they did, even when they didn't have the goods to win it.

I'm watching the trial now, this literally just happened.

Hab

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:37 am

habitual wrote:
This times 1,000,000.

Hab

AND IT WASN'T EVEN FUNNY! :smt011

I would have fired him right then and there but this is Zimmerman. He doesn't appear to be the brightest bulb...

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:43 am

Possibly I should change my spell check from auto... :oops:

Though I DO like Triumph motorcycles... :oops:

Come on Gosd, I was in a good humour here until you called me a Brit-wannabe! :smt013 I thought I found a safe harbour here! But you don't honour my labour in this thread, instead planting the rumour that I would have anything to do with those Brits! :smt013
Last edited by achilles on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 362 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:45 am

Apparently the defense thought that opening with a joke ("Knock, knock." "Who's there?" "George Zimmerman" "George Zimmerman who?" "Okay, you're on the jury") and supposedly dropping the F-bomb was a good idea for day 1.

Regardless of how it goes, this will not be good for anyone. Especially anyone in Florida.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:49 am

Rockman wrote:How is it that two people can watch the same trial and have the same perception :smt102

I've never heard of Lean, what exactly is that?

A drug concoction. Codeine, usually in a syrup, a soft drink or similar concoction, candy, and cough syrup. Sometimes booze as well. Which is dangerous BTW, and popular among rappers. Martin's Facebook posts discuss his use of the stuff.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:50 am

HNutz wrote:Apparently the defense thought that opening with a joke ("Knock, knock." "Who's there?" "George Zimmerman" "George Zimmerman who?" "Okay, you're on the jury") and supposedly dropping the F-bomb was a good idea for day 1.

Regardless of how it goes, this will not be good for anyone. Especially anyone in Florida.

I think the F-bomb was the prosecution, wasn't it?

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:54 am

HNutz wrote:Apparently the defense thought that opening with a joke ("Knock, knock." "Who's there?" "George Zimmerman" "George Zimmerman who?" "Okay, you're on the jury") and supposedly dropping the F-bomb was a good idea for day 1.

Yeah. I have friends who are lawyers and thought that dropping the F-bomb was a bad idea as well.

Yeah, whites in FL better watch out if Zimmerman gets off.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:56 am

GOSD wrote:
AND IT WASN'T EVEN FUNNY! :smt011

I would have fired him right then and there but this is Zimmerman. He doesn't appear to be the brightest bulb...

He doesn't, but that WASN'T him! It was his lawyer.

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 63 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:22 am

GOSD wrote:
Yeah. I have friends who are lawyers and thought that dropping the F-bomb was a bad idea as well.

Yeah, whites in FL better watch out if Zimmerman gets off.

That shit cuts both ways, If Zimmerman does time, Klan recruitment will skyrocket.

Either way this trial will set back race relations by decades, which was the whole point of this bullshit trial in the first place. You know how I know Martin is guilty beyond any reasonable doubt, aside from the physical evidence that only supports Zimmerman's account of events; media talking heads still use this picture:

:smt011

Fuck you Trayvon Martin, you got what you fucking deserved. Fuck your family and fuck all your supporters.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum