Advertisement

Justice League Of America #5 (Too easy Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Justice League Of America #5 (Too easy Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:45 am

Hey, would you look at that, Catwoman isn’t actually dead! Who on Earth could have guessed that? Only everyone. I wonder if any of the people who freaked out at DC are going to take back what they said, or is it misogynistic to even fake-out a fridging? This was an OK issue, with plenty of mindless violence, but still some good character moments and interesting teases for future storylines.

I liked the return of Simon Baz, I find him to be an interesting character and was kind of annoyed that Johns just dropped him to make Green Lantern the Sinestro show again. We also got the return of the ridiculously-named Agent Fed! In terms of the JLoA team in action, as I mentioned before, Catwoman ain’t actually dead, it was Martian Manhunter, which was obvious. The best thing about these scenes were Stargirl getting to rescue everyone, the mysterious teases about whoever the leader of the Secret Society is, and the revelation that they were using Chronos to power their mansion.

I find it very interesting that so many of the Agents we’ve seen working for Amanda Waller are characters that were villains before the New 52. First Doctor Light and now Chronos. Is Johns setting up a big betrayal to the Secret Society? Or is this just coincidence? I’m also intrigued that Chronos is being tasked with finding out where Booster Gold has disappeared to. I love me some Booster, so the fact that he seems to have some level of importance to Johns’ big DC plans is very exciting. Brett Booth’s artwork was OK, and the Martian Manhunter back-up was OK too. That’s really all you can say about this title, it’s OK.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Justice League Of America #5 (Too easy Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:50 am

Punchy wrote:Hey, would you look at that, Catwoman isn’t actually dead! Who on Earth could have guessed that? Only everyone. I wonder if any of the people who freaked out at DC are going to take back what they said, or is it misogynistic to even fake-out a fridging?

:lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Liam Rodgers
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 143 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Punchy wrote:Hey, would you look at that, Catwoman isn’t actually dead! Who on Earth could have guessed that? Only everyone.

I freely admit that I never thought Catwoman was dead but I'm ashamed to say that I didn't guess it was Manhunter ahead of time. :smt102

I really like this series so far, specially watching MM kick so much ass!

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Punchy wrote: We also got the return of the ridiculously-named Agent Fed!

Oh,hush! :x

Agent Fed will be DC's Agent Coulson,

believe it!!! 8)

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 am

Johnny Smith wrote:
Oh,hush! :x

Agent Fed will be DC's Agent Coulson,

believe it!!! 8)

I like Agent Fed, but his name is ridiculous.

It's like a Police Officer being called John Cop or something.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand