Wednesday, May 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Thoughtful analysis of important cultural issues."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Is It Any Good? (OFFICIAL mega THREAD)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:08 am

Just reiterating my Venom question.

Also: Kitty Pryde and Wolverine. I like Kitty Pryde. I like Wolverine. I like Claremont. Seems like it should be enjoyable, right?
User avatar

Sromkie

underclassman

Postby Sromkie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:05 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I read the first Morning Glories arc and change....is it worth catching up with?


I still enjoy the individual issues as they are released, but It's still not really clear what the ef is going on. They give you a bit more here and there, but it's a frustrating ride. I like the dialog, though, and find the characters interesting, so even though I get a bit lost in the overall story, I still enjoy the read.

If I were in your position, though, I think I might wait until the series is finished and then read it in trade. I imagine it'll make a lot more sense that way.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:49 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:Also: Kitty Pryde and Wolverine. I like Kitty Pryde. I like Wolverine. I like Claremont. Seems like it should be enjoyable, right?

I just read this for the first time a few months ago. I enjoyed it...it's a much more "real", likable Wolverine than we see now. now, it is Claremont at the height of his powers, so it's REEEEEEEEAL wordy and talky and explains stuff multiple times from issue to issue for new-reader-catchup purposes, but I you can look past all that, it's a fun read.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Anyone ever read Weapons of the Metabarons?

Image
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Is anyone still reading Morning Glories? I got to issue 25. Just wondering if it's worth keeping up with.

I got sick of solving one mystery with two new ones.
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Keb wrote:Is anyone still reading Morning Glories? I got to issue 25. Just wondering if it's worth keeping up with.

I got sick of solving one mystery with two new ones.

I'm still reading it. If you didn't like it back at 25 I doubt you will like it any better now. It's pretty much the same thing now. Half the time I can't even remember what the hell is going on anymore. It would probably be better if I read it in tpb.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:32 pm

I read it in paperback format. I just noticed 5 and 6 were out. Thought about catching up.

Same for Wolverine & the X-Men. I stopped buying it after vol. 5 I think.
User avatar

guitargod694

cheese

Postby guitargod694 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:06 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I'm still reading it. If you didn't like it back at 25 I doubt you will like it any better now. It's pretty much the same thing now. Half the time I can't even remember what the hell is going on anymore. It would probably be better if I read it in tpb.


I read it in tpb as well... and I feel the same. I like it, but I have no idea what is happening.
This shit better make sense when it's all over.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Keb wrote:I read it in paperback format. I just noticed 5 and 6 were out. Thought about catching up.

Same for Wolverine & the X-Men. I stopped buying it after vol. 5 I think.


Wolverine and the X-men is good stuff.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:43 pm

The Maxx?

I just found vols 3-5 for $9 a piece. Vols 1 & 2 go for $40-150 on ebay and other online marketplaces.
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Keb wrote:The Maxx?

I just found vols 3-5 for $9 a piece. Vols 1 & 2 go for $40-150 on ebay and other online marketplaces.

It's been ages since I've read it but I remember it being like most of the early Image titles, nice art and forgettable story.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:41 pm

You're trying to tell me that Youngblood and Wetworks aren't unforgettable stories? Come on son!
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Keb wrote:You're trying to tell me that Youngblood and Wetworks aren't unforgettable stories? Come on son!

Unforgettable in a bad way? Yes. I prefer Brigade and Bloodstrike.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Unless Nat King Cole lied to me, being unforgettable is supposed to be a good thing.

:P

I never actually read any of that. I read some Spawn recently but forgot about it. I think I had some Wetworks and Youngblood toys when I was a kid.
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Keb wrote:Unless Nat King Cole lied to me, being unforgettable is supposed to be a good thing.

:P

I never actually read any of that. I read some Spawn recently but forgot about it. I think I had some Wetworks and Youngblood toys when I was a kid.

I unfortunately read them all. My brother used to buy all that crap and he handed them all down to me. Man, I love me some Vanguard and Codename: Strykeforce.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 63 guests