Advertisement

Gerry Conway Starts Blog to Ensure DC Pays Creators

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 323 posts

Re: Gerry Conway Starts Blog to Ensure DC Pays Creators

Postby TimH » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:06 pm

When is "Fair Trade" going to step in?

Have comic book creators considered starting a coffee plantation in South America?

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1158 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:24 pm

LoatheMe wrote:I mean sure it sucks that DC was surely just hoping that most people would just not bother to take a few minutes to fill out this form so they could save themselves some money, but if you knew about it and just couldn't be bothered, but now are suddenly regretting it because there's suddenly money involved that you never thought would be? C'mon. Take some responsibility for yourself.

I doubt most creators even know about it. Conway only even knew they were using his characters in Arrow because fans let him know. So are DC creators obligated to watch every product Warner Bros. puts out in case one of their creations is used in it so they can file a form? Or otherwise go back through through their entire multiple-decades work history looking for any characters they created?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Conway wrote my favourite jlofa stories. He's now my hero. I hope fans help out the creators

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 642 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:01 am

I'd love it if Al Milgrim filled out the paperwork back then and is getting a royalty on this utterly forgettable character. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand