Advertisement

Millar, Brubaker, Aaron, Remender, Fraction, and Aronofsky Creating New Books at Image

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Millar, Brubaker, Aaron, Remender, Fraction, and Aronofsky Creating New Books at Image

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 pm

So many awesome new creator-owned titles were announced at Image Expo that an Outhouse reporter suffered brain damage and didn't think it was newsworthy.

Source: Image Twitter

As you all know, Image Expo is happening right now in San Francisco, and joining huge announcements like a bi-weekly Walking Dead and news series from JMS are a veritable crapload of new creator-owned books from prominent creators (and one acclaimed filmmaker). Outhouse reporter Punchy was apparently so overcome with excitement at this news that he suffered a brain aneurysm and, rather than posting a front page article reporting the news, posted a thread in our forums.

Of course, we know that Punchy is not a blithering idiot who doesn't think this stuff is newsworthy, and also that he's not so lazy that he couldn't be bothered with the twelve extra seconds it would have taken to post this to the front page instead of the forums, so we have no choice but to assume that Punchy suffered from catastrophic brain damage after learning of the news and, therefore, cannot be blamed for forcing ol' Jude Terror to do what he should have done in the first place and write this up all proper-like.

"DUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" said a drooling, bleary-eyed Punchy when asked for comment.

Luckily, before becoming completely mentally incapacitated, Punchy managed to give a coherent account on the forums. Here's what he had to say:

Image just announced a shit-load of amazing creator-owned stuff for late this year and 2014.

Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting on Velvet: "Velvet Templeton is the personal assistant to the head of one of the world's largest intelligence agencies, a Moneypenny kind of character. She leaves her desk job and has to go on the run into the field against her own agents. Imagine Bond or MI done in a true Cold War scenario."

Matt Fraction and Christian Ward on ODY-C: A gender-swapped take on The Odyssey, "ODY-C is Fraction's attempt to give his daughter a good hero, and what better hero than Ulysses? In ODY-C, the male characters are women and the female characters are male, a gender-swapped super-cosmic take on Greek myth."

Rick Remender and Matteo Scalera on Black Science: "Inspired in part by Frank Frazetta, about a member of the Anarchist League of Sciences..."

Rick Remender and Wesley Craig on Deadly Class: Deadly Class is about a high school for assassins AND about the things Remender has seen while growing up hardcore.

Jason Aaron and Jason Latour on Southern Bastards: The elevator pitch is Dukes of Hazzard x Coen Brothers or The Untouchables vs Boss Hogg. The main bad guy is the local high school football coach, a character Aaron came up with during Scalped but saved for this series.

Mark Millar and Duncan Fegredo on MPH: "I wanted to do something that was the Marvel universe for the 21st century." Duncan Fegredo is drawing. Mark Millar is writing. It's NPH, an attempt to create a superhero universe in the Marvel sense.

Darren Aronofsky and Niko Henrichon on Noah: Adaptation of Aronofsky's upcoming movie.

Plus some JMS stuff, but fuck that guy.

The Outhouse wishes Punchy a full and speedy recovery from his injuries.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 539 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Image Expo 2013 Announcements (HOLY SHIT)

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:57 pm

This would make a terrible front page article.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:58 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:This would make a terrible front page article.

It would, not nearly enough jokes.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Mark Millar and Duncan Fegredo on MPH: "I wanted to do something that was the Marvel universe for the 21st century." Duncan Fegredo is drawing. Mark Millar is writing. It's NPH, an attempt to create a superhero universe in the Marvel sense.
Way to promote Image, there, MM. :lol:
-

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:08 pm

outsider wrote:Way to promote Image, there, MM. :lol:

To be fair, the 'Image Universe' doesn't really exist anymore, and Marvel really did invent the current notion of a connected superhero universe.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Did you copy that stuff from somewhere, or is it your own words? I need to know for the article I am now writing that you should have written. :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:15 pm

is punchy not doing front page stuff anymore?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:16 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Did you copy that stuff from somewhere, or is it your own words? I need to know for the article I am now writing that you should have written. :P

Image's official Twitter.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:17 pm

GHERU wrote:is punchy not doing front page stuff anymore?

I am, I just didn't want to go through all of the front-page shenanigans only to have someone else do a thread in the meantime.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Punchy wrote:
I am, I just didn't want to go through all of the front-page shenanigans only to have someone else do a thread in the meantime.

you mean like what happens every time you do something like this?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:19 pm

GHERU wrote:you mean like what happens every time you do something like this?

Huh?

It does happen!

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Punchy wrote:
Huh?

It does happen!

I know
this is at least the second time you, a staff writer, has caused this very thing to happen
RUviews

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 pm

GHERU wrote:I know
this is at least the second time you, a staff writer, has caused this very thing to happen

Jeez

Well, next time I'll go straight to the articles, and if we get two about the same thing... it's your fault! :P

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:24 pm

And it sounds like they are spearheading a DRM-free initiative with their digital comics, which doesn't affect me but I recognize makes sense.

If it weren't for Image right now, I'd be out of monthly comics probably for good.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Punchy wrote:
Jeez

Well, next time I'll go straight to the articles, and if we get two about the same thing... it's your fault! :P

If someone makes a thread about something we're doing an article about, I can always merge the thread into the article so the comments go to the proper place. No worries though - I feel I've adequately insulted you as payback in the article I've now written. :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand