Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 881 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Hetalia's Himaruya to Start Taishō Roman Oni-san Yameteee—!! Manga

The August issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine is announcing on Thursday that Hetalia creator Hidekaz Himaruya will launch a new series in the following issue on August 3. The series is titled Taishō Roman Oni-san Yameteee—!! (Taishō-Era Romance — Quit It, Demon!!). In the story, a girl gets lost in the "age of romance" and struggles in cooking. Japan's historical Taishō era ran from 1912 to 1926.

Advertisement

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:12 pm

I like Hisaishi...

American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Invites Miyazaki Collaborator Joe Hisaishi To Become Member
This week, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has extended invitations to join the organization to 276 artists and executives who have distinguished themselves by their contributions to theatrical motion pictures. Among these is renowned composer Joe Hisaishi, know for work on Hayao Miyazaki's anime movies, including the Academy Award winning Spirited Away.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Gundam Build Fighters TV Anime to Premiere in October

In a Tuesday presentation, Sunrise announced Gundam Build Fighters, a new Gundam television anime series that will premiere this October on TV Tokyo. The series will feature not only new mecha designs, but also customized designs from previous Gundam projects such as Build Strike Gundam (Gundam Seed), Zaku Amazing (first Gundam), Wing Gundam Fenice (Gundam W), and Gundam X Maō (Gundam X). The anime will tie into an HG Build Fighters model kit line that encourages customization with the accompanying HG Build Custom line of accessories.

The story is set in the near future when GunPla Battles, competitions that pit Gundam plastic models against each other, have become popular worldwide in the "Second GunPla Boom."

lot more info at the link

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Neat.

21 Studio Ghibli Movies Featured in Mural

26 Japanese theaters are hosting a 25mx4m mural featuring 20 of the studio's films and the pre-Ghibli Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:53 pm

TV Anime Adaptation of Horror Manga "pupa" to Air in Fall

The newly-opened official site for the TV anime adaptation of Sayaka Mogi's horror manga pupa announced today that the anime series will start airing in Japan in this fall. It was previously announced at Anime Contents Expo 2013 in March that the anime was already in the works. The anime is produced by Studio Deen (Maria Watches Over Us, Hetalia, Rozen Maiden 3rd season) and 55-year-old veteran Tomomi Mochizuki works as the director. Mochizuki is known for his directorial works for Studio Ghibli's Ocean Waves, Twin Spica, and House of Five Leaves.

The story is about "the ultimate love of the brother and sister," between Yume Hasegawa, a little sister transforms into a man-eating creature, and Utsutsu Hasegawa, her older brother who has the power of rapid cellular

regeneration feeds her with his own body.

http://www.pupa-anime.com/

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 123 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Yes, yes, I'm finally reading Neon Genesis Evangelion (the third 3-in-1 volume).

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Arion wrote:Yes, yes, I'm finally reading Neon Genesis Evangelion (the third 3-in-1 volume).

Very good. Are you reading it drunk?

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Very good. Are you reading it drunk?

No, I never read while I'm drunk (except the bottle's labels).

It'll be a couple of days before my Evangelion reviews though...

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
You mean you're sober now? :o

:P

I'm always sober in the mornings. I never drink before noon. Never.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1188 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:41 pm

sdsichero wrote:Gundam Build Fighters TV Anime to Premiere in October

lot more info at the link

That and origins.... okay. I admit, thanks to Yamato 2199, I'd like to see a remake of the original Gundam, but I'm not so sure about Origin.
Given the recent AGE series, I'm not holding high hopes here. Still... Gundam junkie is getting a double fix.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Well about Origin... Guess it narrows it down... but not by much at all...

Gundam The Origin Anime & Tomino's Latest to Be Unveiled in 2014-2015

The "anticipated" latest work from Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino and the anime adaptation of Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin manga will both be unveiled "sometime between 2014 and 2015."

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
That and origins.... okay. I admit, thanks to Yamato 2199, I'd like to see a remake of the original Gundam, but I'm not so sure about Origin.
Given the recent AGE series, I'm not holding high hopes here. Still... Gundam junkie is getting a double fix.

So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Bakemonogatari Director Shinbo, SHAFT Make Nisekoi TV Anime
This year's 32nd issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that the anime adaptation of Naoshi Komi's romantic comedy manga Nisekoi will be directed by Akiyuki Shinbo (Bakemonogatari and other Monogatari anime, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) at the anime studio SHAFT. Komi himself said that he jumped for joy after hearing the news.

Shonen Jump's English website describes the story:

As a child, Raku Ichijo made a secret promise with his childhood sweetheart, keeping a pendant as a memento while his love took the key. He dreams of one day meeting his past love, but years later, reality smashes his hopes when Chitoge Kirisaki accidentally knees him in the face...

Though Raku's a normal high schooler, his family heads the notorious yakuza gang the Shuei-Gumi faction! And he's dragged into family affairs when he's forced into a relationship with Chitoge, the daughter of a rival gang's boss!

Despite their constant spats, the two somehow fool everyone with their false relationship. Raku then discovers that Chitoge has a mysterious key from her past, which she can't remember... Plus, two other girls appear with keys as well—Kosaki Onodera and Marika Tachibana!

Caught in the midst of this love maelstrom, even more complications arise for Raku when his class decides on Romeo and Juliet as the class's play for the school festival. Can the two false lovebirds pull off the impossible and make the play a success?!

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Coppelion Anime Gets 'Reboot' With Previews at Anime Expo, Japan Expo
The wraparound jacket band on the 18th volume of Tomonori Inoue's Coppelion science-fiction military action manga is announcing on Friday that the television anime adaptation plans will get a "reboot." The anime will premiere this Fall on the BS-11 channel and other venues. The first episode will debut at Japan Expo in Paris and Anime Expo in Los Angeles this month.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Daisuki Streams One Piece, Dragon Ball Z Anime
The streaming service Daisuki announced on Wednesday that it is now streaming both the Dragon Ball Z and One Piece television anime series. Both series will stream in Japanese with English subtitles. One Piece will be available to viewers in the United States, Canada, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, and India, and Dragon Ball Z will be available to viewers in the United States and Canada. Daisuki added that it hopes to expand the viewing area into other regions soon. The first five episodes of each series are now available, and Daisuki noted it will add new episodes regularly.

Daisuki also announced that it is launching its second give-away campaign. In the campaign, registered Daisuki users can enter once every 24 hours to win one of more than 1,000 prizes. Prizes include Figuarts Zero Monkey D. Luffy figures, RG 1/44 Zeta Gundam and Aile Strike Gundam models, and S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Goku figures, among others.

Additionally, Daisuki has now formally launched its e-commerce platform. Products include two figures from Banpresto's Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine DXF Stylish Figure Volume 1 line, and two figures from Banpresto's Fate/Zero DXF Master Figure Volume 1 line.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum