Advertisement

Avengers #15 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Avengers #15 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:48 pm

We still don't know what hatched out of the cocoon on A.I.M. Island. S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers finally know that the signal that's been messing things up is coming from Perth. That signal finally reaches it's intended target. A group of Skrull ships arrive in orbit. A big huge robot arrives as well.

This issue wasn't bad, I mean all of these individual scenes were pretty good by themselves. Having said that, there didn't seem to be a great deal of cohesiveness. There were great solo moments, but this issue lackedf the feeling of a singular story -- at least from my perspective.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 211 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Avengers #15 (Spoilers)

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:54 pm

A big huge robot arrives as well.

I'm pretty sure that the big huge robot IS what hatched out of the cocoon on A.I.M. Island.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 711 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:26 am

Juan Cena wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the big huge robot IS what hatched out of the cocoon on A.I.M. Island.

yep that's what it was... Banner/SHIELD were tracking it from AIM Island to Perth

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:48 pm

OK, yeah, I missed that the first read -- thanks guys.

However, why are you both blacking your words in a thread that's clearly marked as a spoiler thread? :smt102

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 711 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:42 pm

I do it to be respectful.. and so i keep in the habit of doing it

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:26 pm

e_galston wrote:I do it to be respectful.. and so i keep in the habit of doing it

Ah OK, fair enough then. :)

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:33 pm

So Triathlon did nothing this issue? I thought Busiek was developing him as a character.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:56 pm

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo wrote:So Triathlon did nothing this issue? I thought Busiek was developing him as a character.

Wrong thread! :smt013

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:12 am

Things keep happening! The pace of Jonathan Hickman’s Avengers has been pretty slow up until now, but in these last 2 issues, it may have become too fast! The Avengers are fighting a load of bugs, they are sending a signal to some robots, AIM have unleashed an even bigger robot, Captain Universe is saying some doom-laden stuff and warps her and Manifold to some unknown planet, and then a ship of bloody Skrulls crash-land on Earth! That’s not even mentioning that somehow all of this ties in to Thanos and Infinity.

There’s a lot going on here, and it could all get a bit too confusing, but thankfully, Hickman and Nick Spencer use this to good effect, as the Avengers themselves are confused and don’t know what’s going on. All they can do is fight the creepy, copulating bug-things, and all we can do is enjoy that fight and speculate.

Stefano Caselli’s artwork was brilliant again, I loved those pages with the concentric circles representing the mysterious signal, it’s a simple technique, but it looked damn cool and effective. I also really liked that one splash of all of the Avengers posing after they defeated the bugs. It’s the first time in a while we’ve seen that many Avengers all in one place, and it was bad-ass. Especially as they immediately undercut it by having even more problems land on their heads. There’s no rest for this team!

I have little to no idea what’s going on in this book at the moment, but it’s enjoyable. I really do think that Hickman is doing a better job at balancing his endgame with immediate enjoyment here than he did on Fantastic Four. Oh yeah, and can I just say that Hickman and Spencer write a damn good Superior Spider-Man, he’s such a dick!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 549 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:19 am

Did they explain the critical story element that required Natasha's breasts to expand to pontoon-size ?

Image :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:43 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Did they explain the critical story element that required Natasha's breasts to expand to pontoon-size ?

Image :lol:

Johansson Syndrome

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Lord Ice wrote:
Johansson Syndrome

:lol:

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 549 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Maybe Widow got the same batch of Super-Soldier serum that Hatred did ! ! :P

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Lord Ice wrote:
Liefeld Syndrome

Fixed

- Sons of the Desert

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:20 pm

This is another ho hum issue. I'm sticking with it at this point but it's not being very well developed. There feels like a lot of things are happening off panel.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand