Advertisement

Blackberry Ice Cream

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1029 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:52 am

What are some of the exotic flavors they make? I might try something off-kilter, but I don't think I'll bother with stuff that's too weird, like wasabi ice cream.
-

Advertisement

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 am

"Ever wondered what tree bark flavored ice cream would taste like? Gerenser's has the answer, as well as about 50 other flavors. Picture Capogiro kind of flavors, but with true blue American ice cream, not that pinko, foo foo Gelato stuff. Crapping on Capogiro is like crapping on Ghandi, long over due. Even if I do love both Ghandi and Capogiro.

With flavors like rose petal, avacado, Turkish Coffee, passion fruit and Vanilla, Gerensers has been making cold based dairy stuff in crazy flavors since before Capogiro's owner first suckled on his/her mother's rasberry chocolate flavored boobie.

The real test isn't how crazy the flavors are, it's if they taste good. Gerensers uses super premium levels of butterfat and has a very low air bubble count for their ice cream. The stuff is rich and deliscious. The secret to both Gerenser's and Capogiro isn't the crazy flavors, it's the awesome quality! You can go to Gerensers and get an amazing vanilla scoop, and also try a spoonfull of the guava-mango-lima bean.

On the negative side....a redneck once warned my mother not to take my sister into New Hope because she'd be "kidnapped by lesbian gypsies." Go at your own risk....there are apparently large groups of child stealing lesbian gypsies.

God bless red necks."

Woody
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Woodrow if you're nasty

Postby Woody » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

cncoyle wrote:What are some of the exotic flavors they make? I might try something off-kilter, but I don't think I'll bother with stuff that's too weird, like wasabi ice cream.

strawberry cheesecake ftw

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

tree bark...

b.lumpkin
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 53 posts
Title: rebel from the waist down
Formerly: barrylincoln

Postby b.lumpkin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:42 pm

you still eat ice cream? what are you, 8 years old?

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:45 pm

I haven't made ice cream in awhile. Last flavor I made I espresso with dark chocolate shavings.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:38 pm

barrylincoln wrote:you still eat ice cream? what are you, 8 years old?
Pretty much, give or take 26 years...
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:14 pm

The cinnamon ice cream is mixing now, and I'll add the chocolate shavings (from almond bark) in about 20 minutes or so.
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Twenty minutes ended up being less than 18, as the ice cream was pretty much ready. When I added the chocolate shavings, the mixer almost spilled over, lol.

(Yes, this thread has become my blog, since it's interesting only to me. And Strict--for burnsauce references.)

And berrylingong--you still suck. But I went to Ikea last night, and enjoyed their delicious Swedish meatballs, lingonberry sauce and mashed potatoes, and coffee in a ceramic mug--that's a nice touch.
-

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 277 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:46 pm

cncoyle wrote:But I went to Ikea last night, and enjoyed their delicious Swedish meatballs, lingonberry sauce and mashed potatoes, and coffee in a ceramic mug--that's a nice touch.

I love Swedish food! Of course, the meatballs and mash are so much better when they're home made...

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:53 pm

nietoperz wrote:I love Swedish food! Of course, the meatballs and mash are so much better when they're home made...
I actually commented on that last night--that if I love this processed version, how much would I enjoy the real deal?
-

Sgt.Marvel
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Eastern Witty Boy

Postby Sgt.Marvel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:09 pm

cncoyle wrote:Twenty minutes ended up being less than 18, as the ice cream was pretty much ready. When I added the chocolate shavings, the mixer almost spilled over, lol.

(Yes, this thread has become my blog, since it's interesting only to me. And Strict--for burnsauce references.)

And berrylingong--you still suck. But I went to Ikea last night, and enjoyed their delicious Swedish meatballs, lingonberry sauce and mashed potatoes, and coffee in a ceramic mug--that's a nice touch.

It makes me really hungry

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Re: Blackberry Ice Cream

Postby outsider » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Deja vu! We do CSA and ended up with a ton of blackberries. I've made blackberry banana muffins and now ice cream.
Beyond fatty-tastic cobbler, do any of you have some delicious suggestions/recipes involving blackberries?
-

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: Blackberry Ice Cream

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:56 pm

What the fuck? Outsider=Coyle? MIND BLOWN!!!! Since I've started making bagels and breads and seeing this thread now makes me want to buy an ice cream maker. Damn you I'm already fat enough.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum