Advertisement

The Saturday Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 283 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Re: The Saturday Thread

Postby Keb » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Come by my place. Parks everywhere.

Advertisement

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 96 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:20 am

I woke up around 4:30 am to what sound like 5 quick gunshots to the south and then a car driving away. My wife didn't hear it so I though maybe it was a dream. An hour later the police rang my door bell and asked if I'd seen or heard anything. He confirmed that it was indeed a drive-by, but it was 3 houses to the north of us. The house is inhabited by a trashy young white couple that moved in a few months ago, and apparently the officer that I was talking to has had dealings with them. He said that it was drug related and that they have a good idea who the shooter is.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 763 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:23 am

oogy wrote:I woke up around 4:30 am to what sound like 5 quick gunshots to the south and then a car driving away. My wife didn't hear it so I though maybe it was a dream. An hour later the police rang my door bell and asked if I'd seen or heard anything. He confirmed that it was indeed a drive-by, but it was 3 houses to the north of us. The house is inhabited by a trashy young white couple that moved in a few months ago, and apparently the officer that I was talking to has had dealings with them. He said that it was drug related and that they have a good idea who the shooter is.

:shock:

Glad you and the family are ok!
ImageImageImage

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:35 am

groooooan

Spent yesterday helping this couple move, supposed to be plenty of help and just some of the heavy stuff.

So of course almost nobody showed up and it turned out to be 2+ 20 ft. trucks of massively heavy stuff and a lot of it wasn't cleaned off or immediately ready to move. I don't mind helping people out, but this was a 2 day job even if there had been more help. And it really bothered me that the wife, who is in good health and not a small woman, never lifted or carried a single thing--in fact, all I saw her do the entire day was eat donuts and smoke cigarettes!

Was there pizza? No. Was there beer? NO!

That was some bullshit.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 763 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:44 am

Victorian Squid wrote:groooooan

Spent yesterday helping this couple move, supposed to be plenty of help and just some of the heavy stuff.

So of course almost nobody showed up and it turned out to be 2+ 20 ft. trucks of massively heavy stuff and a lot of it wasn't cleaned off or immediately ready to move. I don't mind helping people out, but this was a 2 day job even if there had been more help. And it really bothered me that the wife, who is in good health and not a small woman, never lifted or carried a single thing--in fact, all I saw her do the entire day was eat donuts and smoke cigarettes!

That was some bullshit.

Happened to me last year man. That absolutely sucks. :smt011
ImageImageImage

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 96 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 am

That was some bullshit.

Maybe all of the other people who were supposed to be there had already learned this experience by helping them move before.

Pizza and beer in return for helping people move should be a worldwide law.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 625 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:53 am

That was some bullshit.

That's fucked up.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 366 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:59 am

bkthomson wrote:She was a disney brand who thought she did not need them. Turns out being a disney brand kept her in check

There is an interesting article over at Cracked.com from Mara Wilson (the young lady from Matilda and Mrs. Doubtfire) that talks about what kind of goes behind the scenes with these Disney and Nickelodeon kids. One of them is that when you're under their umbrella you're watched like a hawk, but once they're finally free they rebel hardcore like any teenager would. It's pretty interesting.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-reasons-c ... rspective/

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 366 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:01 pm

That was some bullshit.

It's very difficult for me not to get flippant when I arrive somewhere to help someone move like that, and they don't have everything packed.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:51 pm

oogy wrote:I woke up around 4:30 am to what sound like 5 quick gunshots to the south and then a car driving away. My wife didn't hear it so I though maybe it was a dream. An hour later the police rang my door bell and asked if I'd seen or heard anything. He confirmed that it was indeed a drive-by, but it was 3 houses to the north of us. The house is inhabited by a trashy young white couple that moved in a few months ago, and apparently the officer that I was talking to has had dealings with them. He said that it was drug related and that they have a good idea who the shooter is.

Oogy +100 street cred!

Glad you and the fam is okay.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Grayson wrote:
Happened to me last year man. That absolutely sucks. :smt011

Thank you for your commiseration, I appreciate it. Really really do. Today I woke up and my sunburned face was broken out with swelling and a rash, too. I am in total sulk mode and can't talk myself out of it, July has been a bum month from the beginning.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:23 pm

oogy wrote:Maybe all of the other people who were supposed to be there had already learned this experience by helping them move before.

From the looks of it, that's been a while! :lol:

And cat owners. 'Nuff said.

This part is in response to Rockman, my reply got mis-formatted:

Guy is a carpenter too, so lots of heavy home-made stuff made from lumber. Cinder blocks. Actually moving the cinder blocks. Old manual typewriters. Bowling balls. I kid you not, it was like some kind of TV prank show deal.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:30 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
That's fucked up.

I think I spent $15 in gas driving back and forth across town. :x

Man, I really try to take stuff IRL with a certain healthy degree of casual disregard, but this was just too much. It's not like we're best friends or anything.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 625 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:

Man, I really try to take stuff IRL with a certain healthy degree of casual disregard, but this was just too much. It's not like we're best friends or anything.

Extremely long PM incoming.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:

Yeah I don't help people move unless it's my boys who I know will help me move. I hate when people call like 10+ people to help them move and all these people show up and shit.

Usually I just hire movers. They get shit done.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum