Advertisement

Marvel Launches Share Your Universe Initiative, We Think It Has Something to Do with Giving Kids Stuff

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 243 posts

Marvel Launches Share Your Universe Initiative, We Think It Has Something to Do with Giving Kids Stuff

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:42 am

Seriously, they're not being very clear here.

Source: Marvel

Marvel announced its new "Share Your Universe" campaign, which will apparently do things that will help promote Marvel stuff.  What those things are is anyone's guess.  Seriously, I've been reading through 20 minutes of their liveblog, and I still only have the faintest clue of what the heck the whole thing is about.

Here's some quotes from Marvel's liveblog:

This is an initiative in sharing the characters we all love with others.

We wanted to reach out to the core fanbase of folks to find an easy way for them to share Marvel with kids.

In a world where there's so much social media, this is an inter-personal relationship to be able to talk to your family about this unique experience to share Marvel.

Yup, that's about as clear as a dirt covered window. 

To my knowledge, Share Your Universe is a new initiative that will allow you to share free comics provided on Marvel's websites to friends to expose them to the Marvel universe. It's kid-friendly, and it'll include a new ongoing comic based on Avengers AssembleOther comics will be included, too, selected by Marvel as "all ages friendly" material.  So, you won't have to worry about kids somehow getting their hands on that issue of Wolverine where he drowns his kid. 

It'll also be somehow cross-promoted at conventions, although what that means is anyone's guess.  Marvel will also feature free episodes of Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble on XBox Live to introduce kids to the Marvel Universe.  Obviously, the whole initiative is also tied heavily into social media, which I guess you'll use to 'share' comics.

Now, I will never be one to criticize a publisher trying to widen their audience and bring new readers to comics.  Nor will I criticize a publisher for trying to bring more kids into comics.  But, for the love of God, it'd be nice if people know what exactly it is you're trying to do!  Anyways, good job, Marvel...I think. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Re: Marvel Launches Share Your Universe Initiative, We Think

Postby GLX » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:48 pm

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 315 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Good work, Q and Co.
Your move, Dan and the Gang...

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 214 posts

Postby TimH » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:49 pm

i've had the ambiguous pleasure to move among upper management and marketing people in @ corporation.

all that wordy, vague, but good feeling self promotion makes sense only to the speaker. everybody else applauds and praises the gibberish because you dont move up by making enemies or being a naysayer.

then it reaches the target audience, who dont sign people's performance evaluations and consequently arent the real players in the game.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 566 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 214 posts

Postby TimH » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm

[quote="sdsichero"][/quote]

Just ignore the "rated M for mature" disclaimer when sharing with your kids. Everybody knows--nudge, nudge, wink, wink--that maturity isn't prerequisite for reading comic books.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand