Advertisement

Ales Kot Permanently Off Suicide Squad

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 345 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Ales Kot Permanently Off Suicide Squad

Postby Zechs » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:38 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:
Put Herald on ignore. Problem solved.

This. If this is obviously WHO you're terrified of will jump into your thread. Just put ignore those who are anti-DC.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 489 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:53 pm

oogy wrote:The exact words were "A lot of the DC readers here have said in the past that they are hesitant to chime in on some threads because of the potential snarky retaliation."

yes, but to imply that is the fault of the front page writers and not specific posters is disingenuous, especially when one of those writers A) is the one that made the comment and B) Continually refuses to write up positive DC stories when he has the ability to do so and complains that no one (except all evidence to the contrary) writes those stories.
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:02 pm

IVCNUB4 is pretty positive about DC in his previews and announcements. He doesn't seem to be in-your-face about it, though.

Now, when it comes to Marvel-snark, he's pretty demonstrative. He's has the use of the :lol: smiley down to an art. Spiderrob would be proud.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1184 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:05 pm

I would just like to point out that, today, I wrote an article which sarcastically claimed that Marvel spent 300 million dollars making a laughably awful trailer for Infinity, and then later wrote an article in which Jason Aaron wants to make love to Wolverine. I wrote zero articles making fun of DC today.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 138 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:22 pm

It's weird that it's often so polarized like sports teams, Marvel vs DC. People like dichotomies.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:It's weird that it's often so polarized like sports teams, Marvel vs DC. People like dichotomies.

It's always been this way. A lot of us can't praise a book we like without referencing another company's inadequacies for no reason whatsoever. We can't help it.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1184 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:It's weird that it's often so polarized like sports teams, Marvel vs DC. People like dichotomies.

Or black vs. white. And just like white people, DC readers are a persecuted minority.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 559 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:45 pm

GHERU wrote:yes, but to imply that is the fault of the front page writers and not specific posters is disingenuous, especially when one of those writers A) is the one that made the comment and B) Continually refuses to write up positive DC stories when he has the ability to do so and complains that no one (except all evidence to the contrary) writes those stories.

So it's all my fault that there are no positive DC threads on the Front Page ? :lol: How about we look at the number of writers that have Front Page posting rights and have all gradually stopped posting anything at all on a regular basis ?
Even when I have taken the time to write up something positive, within the first 4replys many of them get shit on by certain other writers here and one Mod in particular that rarely has anything positive to say and it's clear he's just bitch-posting. We all know and understand that "regular" posters and haters are gonna chime in but it really says a lot about the atmosphere here that your own Staff does this on a regular basis. Not to mention how fucking frustrating it is to have to compete with that Stupid Counter. If you guys want more DC-positive stuff on the Front Page make it an environment that supports that.

Have I dumped on Marvel in the past ? Yes. But for a while now I have also tried to not shit on someone else's article just for the sake of the same endless bitching and moaning about the same gripes. If I do chime in I try and make a relevant point or ask for someone else's more-educated opinion.

In case you forgot we had a rather lengthy thread on this very topic a while back in which several of the DC readers stated there also that they have given up trying to start a pro-thread because inevitably it always get derailed and becomes nothing but the same old bitch fest. Page 2 is a good place to start.
Last edited by IvCNuB4 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1201 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:45 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I would just like to point out that, today, I wrote an article which sarcastically claimed that Marvel spent 300 million dollars making a laughably awful trailer for Infinity, and then later wrote an article in which Jason Aaron wants to make love to Wolverine. I wrote zero articles making fun of DC today.

You lazy shit you.

:P
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 357 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:06 pm

considering how many times i've seen articles that mock marvel stuff like their events, superior spider-man, avengers arena and some other stuff......

i think it goes to show that there's simply a lack of quality at dc. with marvel they can balance the snark and praise. with dc it's a fair bit more lopsided given that they give this place so much material to use. and the threat to zechs just fueled that fire even more.

just my $0.02

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:34 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:considering how many times i've seen articles that mock marvel stuff like their events, superior spider-man, avengers arena and some other stuff......

i think it goes to show that there's simply a lack of quality at dc. with marvel they can balance the snark and praise. with dc it's a fair bit more lopsided given that they give this place so much material to use. and the threat to zechs just fueled that fire even more.

just my $0.02

There's less comic talk in general because there are fewer people here on a Wednesday schedule than in the Talk@ days (We have a thread about it once every few months). Punchy's posting threads weekly for those of you that still get your comics on that schedule.

My .02 cents is that based solely on quality of the comics, there's probably too much DC talk in relation to Image/Dark Horse/Boom/IDW/Monkeybrain talk. Ultimately though, threads about how good a book is don't go much of anywhere (see the Hawkeye 11 thread). The most (comic) conversation comes out of industry news/speculation, conflict, and recommending things.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 357 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:40 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:
There's less comic talk in general because there are fewer people here on a Wednesday schedule than in the Talk@ days (We have a thread about it once every few months). Punchy's posting threads weekly for those of you that still get your comics on that schedule.

My .02 cents is that based solely on quality of the comics, there's probably too much DC talk in relation to Image/Dark Horse/Boom/IDW/Monkeybrain talk. Ultimately though, threads about how good a book is don't go much of anywhere (see the Hawkeye 11 thread). The most (comic) conversation comes out of industry news/speculation, conflict, and recommending things.

true

Levi Caverly
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 266 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Ales Kot Permanently Off Suicide Squad

Postby Levi Caverly » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:14 pm

That is disappointing. I could see Kot laying the foundation of something but whatever that was did not interest me (issue 20, SWEET JG Jr is alive!, 21 I would have LOVED the battle that was foreshadowed than an entire issue of sneering, mustache twirling and navel glances at everyone). So I'm done with Suicide Squad, and laugh at the sheeple that take offense to the snark of this article just keep buying DC, THAT'LL show the Outhouse.

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 324 posts

Postby TimH » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:28 pm

habitual wrote:
So DC doesn't have a problem keeping writers happy is what you're saying?

Hab

I think DC readers and Anime fans should unite against people who make fun of their passions! My personal loyalty to Bob Harras and Dan Didio is beyond reproof! Where can I buy all 52 Villain's Month titles? And what's the big deal about DC driving off all of its writers? I don't even read the writing anymore. I just pray that Mikel Janin and Ivan Reis never suffer from carpal tunnel. DC is much better without the captions. I invent my own stories. Martian Manhunter is actually a green Lime Pie that came to life one day after Zatanna asked, "Sdik dah dna deirram namrepus dna gorf eht timrek fi tahw?"

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 124 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 pm

So DC fans feel attacked here? I had no idea.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand