Advertisement

Man Almost Dies After Reading Bleeding Cool Report About Andrew Hope's Fantomex MAX

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 233 posts

Man Almost Dies After Reading Bleeding Cool Report About Andrew Hope's Fantomex MAX

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:59 pm

The man suffers from severe allergies to bragging, gloating, and "told-you-so-ing".

Source: ThanosCopter Newswire

Howard Lindsey, an agricultural product sorter from Austin, TX, was rushed to the hospital after reading an article on Bleeding Cool and falling immediately into anaphylactic shock. The article, reporting on Andrew Hope's upcoming Fantomex MAX series from Marvel Comics, contained copious amounts of self-aggrandizement, to which Lindsey is severely allergic.

"When I got out of the shower this morning, I found him lying on the floor near the computer desk," explained Lindsey's wife, Carol. "He was bloated, kind of just shaking and frothing at the mouth."

Lindsey's entire body had begun shutting down after reading Bleeding Cool's report, which refered to an article on rival website ComicBookResources as running "the exclusive news that Bleeding Cool ran a couple of days ago," referring to Bleeding Cool's prediction that writer Andrew Hope, who teased a new series featuring a cult-favorite character made famous a long time ago by a popular British creator, would be working on a Fantomex series. The article also pointed out the inaccurate predictions of articles on ComicsBeat and MultiversityComics, which had both predicted that Marvelman would be the character Hope was working on.

"I took one look at the computer screen and said, 'Howie, you damn fool, you know you're not supposed to read that Rich Johnston site,'" Carol elaborated. "Every time he even looks at a headline from there, he breaks out into hives."

Carol called 911 and an ambulance arrived in time to take Lindsey and his wife to Seton Medical Center, where a team of surgeons went to work on him as soon as he arrived. He almost didn't make it.

"I've never seen a case this bad," said Chief of Surgery Dr. Gary Page, a Newsarama reader. "We nearly lost him."

By early afternoon, Howard Lindsey was in stable condition and recovering in a private room. Carol was in for another scare, however, when Howard woke up, checked Twitter on his smart phone, and saw that Johnston had been retweeting tweets from people admitting he was right all morning. Luckily, doctors were standing by with a crash cart and were able to bring Lindsey back from the brink again.

In the wake of this near tragedy, many are looking at Johnston to take responsibility for his gloating and grandstanding over comic book news that he reports before anyone else.

"Oi don't know what ye've got yer knickers in a bunch about, I don't," protested Rich Johnston when The Outhouse asked him for comment. "It's not like the whole article was about me ego, was it? Pip pip!"

The Outhouse can indeed confirm that the article contained an entire sentence fragment dedicated to pointing out that Shawn Crystal would be handling artwork on the book, with Francesco Francavilla doing covers. In related news, a woman allergic to reading too many variations of the word "exclusive" in a short time span was killed earlier today after reading CBR's original article.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Man Almost Dies After Reading Bleeding Cool Report About

Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Marvel are now employing a writer called Hope and another called Hopeless.

Heh.

Andrew Hope
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Hope has come to The Outhouse!

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 769 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:28 pm

GLX wrote:Hope has come to The Outhouse!

And took one look at the place and left, never to return. :P :lol:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Mr. Lindsay better avoid LR then, those guys pat themselves on the back for days every time they get something right.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 986 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 pm

I am really disappointed that Francesco Francavilla is only doing the covers for this series. Really wish that he was the regular artist.
ImageImageImage

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 748 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Grayson wrote:I am really disappointed that Francesco Francavilla is only doing the covers for this series. Really wish that he was the regular artist.

That cover does look fucking amazing. The interiors look good too though (at least from this small example): http://instagram.com/p/bmHymiB004/

I'll definitely be checking this out.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:10 pm

I never thought I'd be picking up another MAX series after Punisher MAX ended. Looks like I was wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand