Advertisement

Indestructible Hulk #10 (GREEN ALERT! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Indestructible Hulk #10 (GREEN ALERT! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:24 am

Being that I’m a huge fan of Mark Waid’s Daredevil, and that I’ve not been feeling his Hulk run as much as I wanted to, it makes a lot of sense that this 2-parter that guest-stars the man without fear has been my favourite story so far.

The bulk of this issue was Daredevil trying to stop the Hulk from destroying a Hydra weapons cache hidden underneath New York. Hulk has been driven berserk by the Sonic Gun thing from last issue, and it was up to DD to stop him. It was a little convenient that the gun made people go blind, so therefore didn’t effect Daredevil, but hey, it’s comics. Matteo Scalera’s artwork has really impressed me in this story, he draws one heck of a Hulk, and I’m very excited to see what he’ll get up to with Remender on ‘Black Science.

I found the ending to this issue very cool, with the reveal that, one of the reasons Bruce Banner has Matt Murdock as his lawyer is that, if SHIELD crosses Banner, Murdock will go all Snowden on our asses, and leak to the press about some bad shit the US Government is doing. Presumably, this bad shit is that they are employing the Hulk, but could there be more to it? I mean, Hulk is publicly on the Avengers these days, would there be that much controversy if it was revealed that SHIELD were employing him? What else could there be? I also wonder if this is the last we’ll see of Baron Zemo in this series.

Oh yeah, and I loved how Banner’s narration had citations from fictional academics, like some dude from the University Of Latveria, that was a nice touch. In a book all about the Hulk, it’s the little things.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand