Friday, May 6, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Marvel Spoils Infinity, Battle of the Atom to Announce Inhumanity Event

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:51 am

Marvel Spoils Infinity, Battle of the Atom to Announce Inhumanity Event

Marvel just spoiled their summer events to reveal the fall event.

Source: EW

Remember the good ol' days when comic publishers spoiled events to major news outlets the day of or the day before the event?  Well, those days are long gone.  Marvel has spoiled Jonathan Hickman's Infinity to announce Inhumanity, which appears to be some sort of linewide crossover thingy in the vein of Dark Reign

Spoilers for Infinity follow. 

Basically, according to Tom Brevoort, the Terrigen Mists get released upon the world during Infinity, resulting as an influx of new Inhumans.  This will directly lead into the long rumored Game of Thrones-esque Inhuman series, written by Matt Fraction, which will focus on the new Inhumans rallying around various "houses" led by a splintered Inhuman Royal Family. 

Oh, and EW released an image showing some of the characters playing a role in Inhumanity.  Spoilers for the X-Books follow.

Yeah, that's Nightcrawler, along with Yondu, the archer from Guardians of the Galaxy.  He's coming back, probably in Battle of the Atom or whatever that crossover is.  So really, we just had Marvel spoil TWO EVENTS THAT HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN WRITTEN YET to promote ANOTHER EVENT. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:55 am

Yay, Nightcrawler!

Also, Wolverine's new costume looks pretty awesome.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:58 am

This will directly lead into the long rumored Game of Thrones-esque Inhuman series, written by Matt Fraction...

I swear, everything Fraction writes is based on what movies or TV shows he's watched recently. :roll:

MikeinLA

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby MikeinLA » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:59 am

Kind of an interesting idea, if Marvel didn't already have mutants and whatever is going on in Avengers AI.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:02 am

Punchy wrote:Yay, Nightcrawler!

Also, Wolverine's new costume looks pretty awesome.

Which Nightcrawler is it thought?

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:11 am

Yeah, how did X-Terminated end for the AoA Nightcrawler?

LoatheMe

expert hobo killer

Postby LoatheMe » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:14 am

guess now we know when Peter Parker will be back now too

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:01 am

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:Yeah, how did X-Terminated end for the AoA Nightcrawler?

he's back in the Age of Apocalypse... but that universe is totally disconnected from the rest of the Multiverse now...

its likely the 616 Nightcrawler as they've shown someone in an outfit similar to what he's wearing in Wolverine and the X-Men...

and i don't think this is necessarily the "cast"list for Inhumanity... its likely a teaser image for Marvel Now Phase 2...

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am

So, Earth X-lite?
Punchy wrote:Also, Wolverine's new costume looks pretty awesome.
Awesome or constricted?

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:17 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
I swear, everything Fraction writes is based on what movies or TV shows he's watched recently. :roll:

Yeah, why can't he be more like Bendis and just look at old and recent comics for plots and concepts? :roll:

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:19 am

Wolverine needs to stay away from Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. Their costume OCD is infecting him.

Then again, the X-Men change their costumes almost as much if not as much as Janet and Hank.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 am

I like the over all design but I do not care for the extra lines like on the chest for wolverine.

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:54 am

bkthomson wrote:I like the over all design but I do not care for the extra lines like on the chest for wolverine.

I think it's a bit early to make a call, that pose doesn't really show it off. Plus, with some designs, looks great with such and such artist, but with some other artist.. looks bad. Examples - Superman's 52 costume and Daredevil's black costume.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:09 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:Wolverine needs to stay away from Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. Their costume OCD is infecting him.

Then again, the X-Men change their costumes almost as much if not as much as Janet and Hank.

he's had pretty much the same costume since Joss's Astonishing X-Men, sure they've changed the placement of the X-logo but that's about it... besides the x-force costume he's had the same basic costume for at least a decade.

nattygreene

Whale Castrato

Postby nattygreene » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:20 am

It is time to make a did Marvel do something stupid today counter. Seriously.

leave a comment with facebook