Advertisement

Green Lantern Corps #22 (Savothian Worms Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Green Lantern Corps #22 (Savothian Worms Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:16 pm

The new, John Stewart-focused era of GLC continues to be an entertaining read. I’m enjoying how this book still feels connected to the main book, but it doesn’t feel too connected. The mystery of why the rings are malfunctioning is a big presence in both books, but you won’t find the answer somewhere else, GLC feels like its’ own story.

John returns to Oa and sees the aftermath of Larfleeze’s attack. I really liked his reaction to finding out that Hal was in charge, and I’m especially intrigued as to what’s going on with Salaak. For so long, he was the lapdog of the Guardians, but now, he seems to have snapped. He’s actually the GL that seems to be interesting me the most at the moment. I also continue to be like the new status quo of most of the universe hating the Corps. In this issue’s mission, John and his new recruits run afoul of the Khunds, who have been hired by a planet to protect them instead of the Lanterns. I really think it’s cool that the GLC are no longer trusted.

I also really like the various new recruits that Jensen and Venditti have introduced, Jruk in particular got some nice development this issue. There’s also the Durlans sneaking around in the back, getting up to trouble, I dig the idea that their plan is one that’s been around for centuries, and is only now beginning, they are very creepy evil race. I thought it was great how Fatality instantly saw through their schemes. Throw in some really good art from Bernard Chang, and Green Lantern Corps is as good as ever. I would probably prefer it if each of the Lantern books was totally separate, but I can handle it like this for now, where they are linked, but in more subtle ways.

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 207 posts

Re: Green Lantern Corps #22 (Savothian Worms Spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Good review.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand