Advertisement

PM for BlueStreak

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

PM for BlueStreak

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:20 pm

How was the hurricane on your end of town? It was crazy here, here's a pic of a house down the street where the tree ripped the whole sidewalk out. There were tons of other trees ripped in half, etc. Someone I know had a branch launched through the wall of their house and lodged in it, like a javelin thrown through it.

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: PM for BlueStreak

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Damn. Hope you all are ok.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:32 pm

bkthomson wrote:Damn. Hope you all are ok.

Just glad it only lasted a half an hour!

My power came back on almost immediately, the other side of the street got theirs back this afternoon. None of the trees in the yard or adjacent yards came down, but many, many trees came down. It's crazy to think that guy or his wife came very close to being impaled to death while in their living room through the wall! Like a movie.

It blew down flagpoles, one street was covered in smashed up big wild mushrooms that blew out of the ground somewhere. I heard about a street covered in donuts, too. I guess a bakery dumpster probably blew over but who knows? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:11 am

R.I.P. BlueStreak, probably. Another likely victim of the donutnado.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:17 am

Actually, our neighborhood wasn't hit too terribly (unlike last year). There was a tree down closer to I-71 that blocked off Summit, but other than that the damage was surprisingly light. We only lost power briefly.

Bexley took some damage though. I've seen a couple of downed trees, and a water main broke outside of our bank. It was actually kind of neat watching the storm roll in. It looked like a hurricane coming down the street.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 am

BlueStreak wrote:Actually, our neighborhood wasn't hit too terribly (unlike last year). There was a tree down closer to I-71 that blocked off Summit, but other than that the damage was surprisingly light. We only lost power briefly.

Bexley took some damage though. I've seen a couple of downed trees, and a water main broke outside of our bank. It was actually kind of neat watching the storm roll in. It looked like a hurricane coming down the street.

Yeah, I think we got hit the hardest on the East. There's a ton of trees down in Bexley too, the morning after was all detours. That WAS a hurricane, one of those land ones that sounds like snack chips ...doritos...cheetos...derechos? Something like that.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:26 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Yeah, I think we got hit the hardest on the East. There's a ton of trees down in Bexley too, the morning after was all detours. That WAS a hurricane, one of those land ones that sounds like snack chips ...doritos...cheetos...derechos? Something like that.

Derechos! No one believes me that's a real thing. :D

I was really worried about this year's storm, as last year kicked off one of the most miserable weeks in my life.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:31 am

BlueStreak wrote:

I was really worried about this year's storm, as last year kicked off one of the most miserable weeks in my life.

A lot of people from campus->Clintonville said they got off easy this time. Many of them had no idea it was that much more severe not too far away. The bakery that delivers to us was hit hard and powerless in Bexley, and I all I heard yesterday was people bitching about why the storm meant they couldn't have bagels. Four hours of that and I was ready to headbutt the next one who whined about it.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 141 posts

Postby MrBlack » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:57 am

BlueStreak wrote:

I grew up in Florida and weathered my fair share of hurricanes, and I'll say this: Derechos are scary. The one that hit the DC area last year did a lot of damage in a very short time.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:54 pm

MrBlack wrote:I grew up in Florida and weathered my fair share of hurricanes, and I'll say this: Derechos are scary. The one that hit the DC area last year did a lot of damage in a very short time.

i bet, lots of old trees there too.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum