Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #8 (Poop those out of your butt? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Men #8 (Poop those out of your butt? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:33 am

Chris Bachalo returns for another very enjoyable issue of Uncanny, and one that’s full of fascinating conversations in that inimitable Bendis way.

We open with Fabio (AKA GoldenBalls) being taken back home by Cyclops and Emma. I loved this scene, as it went a long way to showing how Cyclops isn’t really a villain. A real villain would not have allowed Fabio to go home, but Cyclops does, and he allows Fabio to decide for himself how to use his mutant power. Of course, this act of kindness may be Scott’s undoing in the end, as SHIELD have been monitoring Fabio’s house, and he’s approached by the amazing Dazzler: Agent Of SHIELD to help them track down Scott’s X-Men. Uh-oh.

In order to replace the loss of Goldenballs, the X-Men recruit a new member, David, the guy we saw controlling cars a few issues back. This scene was also very strong, especially in how it illustrated the deteriorating relationship between humans and mutants, those cops were very quick to pull their guns. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, we went along time without any of these new mutant recruitment scenes post-Decimation, and it’s great to have them back.

The best scene in this issue however was the conversation between Cyclops and Magneto. The cover is a bit misleading, as it shows them fighting, but the war of words between them is just as good, if not better, than it getting physical. Cyclops and Magneto are two very complex characters, and Bendis is writing them brilliantly.

I just love these two Bendis X-Books, they are so consistently good, with dramatic stuff happening every issue, but also plenty of fun and humour in there too, just the right mix for classic superhero soapy goodness.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 863 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Uncanny X-Men #8 (Poop those out of your butt? Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:43 am

Punchy wrote:We open with Fabio (AKA GoldenBalls) being taken back home by Cyclops and Emma. I loved this scene, as it went a long way to showing how Cyclops isn’t really a villain. A real villain would not have allowed Fabio to go home, but Cyclops does, and he allows Fabio to decide for himself how to use his mutant power.

I agree. At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that if you still believe that Scott Summers is a villain all of a sudden, it's because you want him to be. Scott offers to go in and talk to Fabio's parents with him so he doesn't have to do it by himself for crying out loud! These are not the actions of a villain.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand