Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Oz the Great and Powerful. It wasn't too good.
It was really bad, and made me sad that such a talented cast couldn't save it. I'm already biased against it because the Wicked novel is so damn good, but why did Raimi make a prequel to Wizard of Oz basically a clone of the original film? It seemed so pointless.

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:14 pm

outsider wrote:It was really bad, and made me sad that such a talented cast couldn't save it. I'm already biased against it because the Wicked novel is so damn good, but why did Raimi make a prequel to Wizard of Oz basically a clone of the original film? It seemed so pointless.

Did you see Drag Me to Hell? that was the last work of Raimi's I liked, IIRC.

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:17 pm

I finally saw Avatar. ha! I give it a C+

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 pm

CountD wrote:
Did you see Drag Me to Hell? that was the last work of Raimi's I liked, IIRC.

Drag Me To Hell was awesome, managed to be scarier and funnier than the Evil Dead remake with almost none of the gore.

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:07 am

Spring Breakers

Y'all, that shit be all intellectual and shit.
What the fuck did I just watch?
I think it was an insanely long music video or a video montage sprinkled in with some horrible acting. I'm not quite sure. It could have been a Girls Gone Wild video with some killing.
The only person I liked in the whole film was James Franco's character. As soon as his characters shows up he takes over the film.
I was tempted to shut this movie off after 20 minutes. I stayed for the train wreck.

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Pacific Rim- corny in parts but fun all the same! Good flick!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:01 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Spring Breakers

Y'all, that shit be all intellectual and shit.
What the fuck did I just watch?
I think it was an insanely long music video or a video montage sprinkled in with some horrible acting. I'm not quite sure. It could have been a Girls Gone Wild video with some killing.
The only person I liked in the whole film was James Franco's character. As soon as his characters shows up he takes over the film.
I was tempted to shut this movie off after 20 minutes. I stayed for the train wreck.

I fell asleep with the DVD in and the menu screen playing, I had Franco muttering "Spring break...Spring break..." in my head for days.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Pacific Rim - fun movie

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Despicable Me 2, it was the first movie for our kids and we all had a blast!

Some nods to WWZ at the end were priceless and overall a superior sequel to the first. We watched the first one afterwards before dinner and Bratt and Wiig's chars are definitely more entertaining than Arnett and Seagel's.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Ntikrst wrote:Despicable Me 2, it was the first movie for our kids and we all had a blast!

Some nods to WWZ at the end were priceless and overall a superior sequel to the first. We watched the first one afterwards before dinner and Bratt and Wiig's chars are definitely more entertaining than Arnett and Seagel's.

The minions (again) steal that movie...

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:03 pm

GOSD wrote:
The minions (again) steal that movie...

Totally, they embody everything great about the old WB cartoons. Nothing else makes my kids laugh as hard.

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:21 pm

I was in a hotel with HBO last week, so I watched a few movies.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 2

I read the book when it came out, and it's amazing how much of this movie I didn't recognize. I don't know if that's me or the movie.

Tower Heist

There's nothing like a good heist movie. And this was nothing like a good heist movie.

I can't remember the third one, now. It must have been good :lol:

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Pacific Rim. Echoing the other comments, it was pretty fun. Acting was atrocious though.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Pacific Rim

It was great. :-D

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:37 pm

World War Z. I wanted to hate it, but it was really good. It wasn't anything remotely resembling the book, but as zombie movies go, it's at the top of the pile.

leave a comment with facebook