Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 17561
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby Arion » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Here's some ratings on the present season of anime that I've seen as well as still going stuff.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 ***/***
Gundam Unicorn ***/***
Ghost in the Shell Arise ***/***
Monogatari Series Second Season aka Nekomonogatari ***/***

Valvrave the Liberator **/***
Saint Seiya Omega **/***
Gatchaman Crowds **/***
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S **/***
Majestic Prince **/***
Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni **/***
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi **/***
Fantasista Doll **/***
Uchouten Kazoku **/***

High School DxD 2 */***
Blood Lad */***
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou (Dog & Scissors) */***
Genshiken Nidaime */***
Hakkenden - Eight Dogs of the East 2 */***
Senki Zesshou Symphogear G */***
Love Lab */***
Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu ( */***
Servant x Service */***
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku */***
Shingeki no Kyojin */***


More to come later.


Is Saint Seiya Omega a prequel or a sequel of the original Saint Seiya series?

Advertisement

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 66401
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby sdsichero » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Arion wrote:
Is Saint Seiya Omega a prequel or a sequel of the original Saint Seiya series?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Seiya_Omega

The storyline of Omega takes place 25 years after the Holy Wars of the 20th century narrated in the original manga and its anime adaptation. The goddess Athena is still on Earth after reincarnating to continue her duty of protecting peace against several antagonistic deities. Athena and a new generation of Saints prepare to face new threats that lurks in this new era, in which Pegasus Seiya, the protagonist of Kurumada's manga, is revered as a Saint of legend.

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 17561
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby Arion » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:54 pm



So Seiya is now an old guy revered by young people? Sounds like an interesting premise.

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 65139
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Yes, sequel, more of the same as the classic. Seiya is being used more now in the new arc. He's a Gold Saint now.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 65139
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:07 pm

By the way... you guys never say much when I put those up? Are they useless? Don't want to talk about them? Argue? Fanboy them?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 66401
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:By the way... you guys never say much when I put those up? Are they useless? Don't want to talk about them? Argue? Fanboy them?


Insane

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 65139
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:16 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Insane


Yeah, so? What of it?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 66401
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Yeah, so? What of it?


I don't comment on insanity.

:P

Nah it's cool to see your ratings.

I'd comment more if I could watch more. Only thing I can say is so far I am enjoying AoT even though you hate it.

The only other show I watched more than two episodes of this season is Gargantia which I like but haven't had the time to watch. I'd watch Valvarave too but see my previous statement.

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 66401
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:42 pm

Jealous of SDCC goers...

Bang Zoom Dubs 1st Star Blazers/Yamato 2199's Episode

An official poster for the English dub screening of Star Blazers 2199 (Space Battleship Yamato 2199) at San Diego Comic-Con reveals that Bang Zoom! Entertainment is dubbing the first episode of the series.


Image

And yes I know it's a dub TCat... would be nice to see it on a larger screen than I have though.

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 65139
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:08 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I don't comment on insanity.

:P

Nah it's cool to see your ratings.

I'd comment more if I could watch more. Only thing I can say is so far I am enjoying AoT even though you hate it.

The only other show I watched more than two episodes of this season is Gargantia which I like but haven't had the time to watch. I'd watch Valvarave too but see my previous statement.


AoT is just too dark for my tastes.

Pity you don't have the time. Gargantia was sadly only 13 episodes of awesome and Valvrave is becoming one the best robo animes in a long time and does not have Gundam or Macross in it's name. Same with Gargantia.

I am glad that they are of help. :-D
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 66401
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
AoT is just too dark for my tastes.

Pity you don't have the time. Gargantia was sadly only 13 episodes of awesome and Valvrave is becoming one the best robo animes in a long time and does not have Gundam or Macross in it's name. Same with Gargantia.


I intend to watch Gargantia and most likely Valvarave.

I am glad that they are of help. :-D


Yes to insane people

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 65139
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:22 pm

sdsichero wrote:Jealous of SDCC goers...

Bang Zoom Dubs 1st Star Blazers/Yamato 2199's Episode



Image

And yes I know it's a dub TCat... would be nice to see it on a larger screen than I have though.


The blurays would work here and they'll have both dub and sub so... :-D

It should be cool on a big tv screen.

I wish the series would play on HBO. So awesome.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 65139
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:25 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I intend to watch Gargantia and most likely Valvarave.



Yes to insane people


Hawk loves them. :-D
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 17561
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby Arion » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Yes, sequel, more of the same as the classic. Seiya is being used more now in the new arc. He's a Gold Saint now.


About time, Seiya and the other deserved the gold treatment ages ago.

By the way, I never say anything about your ratings because I'm not familiar with any of it (except, of course, Sain Seiya).

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 65139
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Arion wrote:
About time, Seiya and the other deserved the gold treatment ages ago.

By the way, I never say anything about your ratings because I'm not familiar with any of it (except, of course, Sain Seiya).


Seiya and Shun have both been Gold Saints for a while now, but Shun had to give it up due to injuries. His successor just died in action however...

Ah.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN NewsBlogs and 59 guests

Advertisement