Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

MTV Geek Overplays Hand, Blows Power Rangers Comic Exclusive

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Grayson wrote:
Deep down, I will always prefer Tommy as the Green Ranger.


well he'll be the Green Ranger in the team-up episode, and supposedly the White Ranger too
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 pm

e_galston wrote:well he'll be the Green Ranger in the team-up episode, and supposedly the White Ranger too


I know. Curious how that will work... :?
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 pm

So what's the difference between Power Rangers and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:55 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:So what's the difference between Power Rangers and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?


Apparently you don't understand the important of adjectives. :P
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:57 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:So what's the difference between Power Rangers and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?


Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is term used for the original power rangers (since that's what it was called) the first 3 seasons were Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Power Rangers is the term used to describe the entire series.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 pm

e_galston wrote:
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is term used for the original power rangers (since that's what it was called) the first 3 seasons were Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Power Rangers is the term used to describe the entire series.


Are they different continuities, like reboots? Or different Power Rangers? Or what?
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:10 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:So what's the difference between Power Rangers and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?


The others are only Adequately Strong Changing Power Rangers.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:12 pm

sdsichero wrote:
The others are only Adequately Strong Changing Power Rangers.


I'm showing interest in your hobbies nerdyboy, don't mock me. :x
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:14 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Are they different continuities, like reboots? Or different Power Rangers? Or what?


From what I understand, it all exists within the same basic continuity. While I was watching it as a kid, Rangers would come and go as the actors moved on with their lives. Eventually they just started replacing the entire cast every couple of seasons but they will throw in a reference to something that happened in the past every now and then as well. For instance, Jason David Frank, who played Tommy Oliver, was brought back several years after he originally left to show to reprise his role as an adult and help a new generation of Rangers.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:14 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I'm showing interest in your hobbies nerdyboy, don't mock me. :x


I already offended Galston with my view on Power Rangers (I'm a fan of Kamen Rider, less so sentai, even less so the USA version)
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Jude told me that fans of Power Rangers are all pedos :smt011
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Grayson wrote:
From what I understand, it all exists within the same basic continuity. While I was watching it as a kid, Rangers would come and go as the actors moved on with their lives. Eventually they just started replacing the entire cast every couple of seasons but they will throw in a reference to something that happened in the past every now and then as well. For instance, Jason David Frank, who played Tommy Oliver, was brought back several years after he originally left to show to reprise his role as an adult and help a new generation of Rangers.


When the rangers are replaced, are they the same characters but with different actors? This shouldn't be this hard to nail down. We're comic book fans, for fuck's sake! :P
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:22 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:When the rangers are replaced, are they the same characters but with different actors? This shouldn't be this hard to nail down. We're comic book fans, for fuck's sake! :P


No, the new actor would be playing an entirely different character.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Jude has a doctorate degree in Claremontian Transdimensional Continuity Studies, give him the unblemished truth of the matter and he'll understand.

I mean he published a thesis on the history of Nathaniel (Cable) Summers, which won many awards in Special Practitioners Educational Kollege That Really Exists
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:24 pm

:lol:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests