Advertisement

All-New X-Men #14 (Summers Brother High Five Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

All-New X-Men #14 (Summers Brother High Five Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:09 pm

This was probably the worst issue of All-New X-Men so far, but it was still pretty damn good.

Obviously, the ending of the last issue, where Jean Grey went full-on Phoenix was a fake-out, but interestingly, it wasn’t the fake-out most of us thought it would be. Lady Mastermind wasn’t behind nope, it was Jean herself, trying to use her powers to scare the villains. Only she messed up and her fellow X-Men were able to see it too. I liked this, yeah, it’s a bit of a let-down that it wasn’t actually Phoenix, but it was cool to see that Jean’s powers have developed a lot, just not as much as she’d like. And that last page? It was ominous as shit.

The rest of this issue was pretty much one big fight between the X-Men and the Brotherhood. It was a good fight, and it was good to see the OG Team really get to show how good they are, and it had plenty of awesome Bendis quippy dialogue, but it was just a fight. I did feel that, with Mystique and Lady Mastermind and Jean, there were too many characters there casting illusions or changing things up, which made it confusing. I did like the real Uncanny Avengers showing up right after the fake Uncanny Avengers at the end, that was funny. Plus, Iceman throwing a snowball in Thor’s face to see if he was real, that was great. I don’t know why Bendis writes Iceman as such a dumb-ass, but I love it.

So yeah, this was just an action-issue, but it was still good, I just love this book, especially with Stuart Immonen really firing on all cylinders art-wise, this book looks so good, he nails the harder, superhero stuff, as well as the more comedic elements. As I said, the ending was certainly ominous, I can’t wait to see what’s next. Bendis has really returned the soap opera elements to the X-Men universe, it’s exciting.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand