Advertisement

Cable And X-Force #11 (Mad low blood sugar Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Cable And X-Force #11 (Mad low blood sugar Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:37 pm

In #10, Cable split X-Force up into a bunch of separate teams to deal with different crises. This was a great move by Hopeless, as up until now, this book has been pretty much dominated by two characters, Cable and Hope. Yes, everyone else has had a presence, but with the team split up, we can find out more about what’s going on with them. First up? Domino and Boom Boom.

The plot here involves Domino and Boom having to kidnap a comatose kid who’s about to manifest his mutant powers, because if he does so in a crowded area, a lot of people will die. This should have been a simple plan, but Boom Boom’s character wouldn’t allow for that and a Police Chase ensued. I really liked how this story contrasted the characters of Domino and Boom Boom. Domino is a master strategist, planning for every contingency, whereas Boom Boom doesn’t really care, she does things on the spur of the moment. Also great was how Hopeless didn’t really come down on one side or the other, both character’s approaches have their merits. After this issue I feel like Domino and Boom Boom are more well realised characters, and I look forward to seeing what Hopeless will do with the other characters, especially Dr Nemesis and Colossus. Dennis Hopeless has used this character-specific issue technique to great effect in Avengers Arena, and it was cool to see it here.

Salvador Larrocca’s artwork was great as usual, I’m really liking his slightly looser style at the moment, everything in Iron Man was so hyper-detailed, but here, he’s cutting loose. And in case you think I forgot, the Hope subplot in this issue was very interesting, Blaquesmith has taken her to a possible future, where she fights off what look like Phalanx, and is then saved by… a woman in Stryfe’s costume! What the? Is this Hope herself? A clone? What a great ending.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand